Sonic Electronix

ok, i have a 94 silverado ex cab, and i want to put my 18in btl in it with out pulling out my back seats, this sucks!!!, i was thinking about throwin the btl in the bed cause i have a tonneau cover on the bed, but will i hear it in the cab? also can i cut the bed wall and cab wall out and face the sub to the back seat?? sounds like alot of work, would like some input guys?? thanks

I NEED SOME BOOMBOOM cant live without it

ok, i have a 94 silverado ex cab, and i want to put my 18in btl in it with out pulling out my back seats, this sucks!!!, i was thinking about throwin the btl in the bed cause i have a tonneau cover on the bed, but will i hear it in the cab? also can i cut the bed wall and cab wall out and face the sub to the back seat?? sounds like alot of work, would like some input guys?? thanks

I NEED SOME BOOMBOOM cant live without it

The bigger the speaker, the more room needed, what's wrong with taking out your back seat? I would love to take out mine, but my dad would kill me.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

you can do a blow through but if your not certain how its best left to the professional so your seal doesnt leak. and if you just throw it in the bed you will get nothing but bed rattle and flex. now if you built a box that protruded out from under the seat on say the passenger side you could possibly fit that beast in there but again will take alot of work and some glassing skills

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

ill get picture to show what im talking about,

but i just built a box for a buddie that bought 6 of my old 10s who has a dodge dakota ex cab , and he refused to take out the back seat so i built the box to go over the seat and did a double front so in essence its a box siting on the seat bolted to the back wall and then it has an extra front that goes from top of the box down to the floor and its cut with in a work of art to follow the humps and bumps of the floor. and the box doestn interfeer with the view out of the back window one bit ...il;l call him tonight and get pictures in the next day or two because i have a new 3000D to put on the subs for him and ill be seening him then

so it is possible just think outside of the box

o and btw his box is 10 cubes and ported as well ;)

Edited by mrwigglezdj

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

i know what youre saying wigglez. i highly doubt he wants to do that though only cause he doesnt wanna take the back seat out which leads me to believe he wants people to be able to sit on it. ill take plenty of pix when i do mine. and i have a box for 2 10s downfiring to fit under the seat if you wanna go that route. :D

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

well hopefuly he didnt spend all that money thinking he can put that beast in the cab and still have a back seat to sit on?

:blink:

but my option saves the distruction and or removal of the back seat and still enables you to look out the back window which is always a nice touch lol

Edited by mrwigglezdj

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

thanks for the input, i still would like to see the pix wiggles, but ya, i bout the sub thinking i was going to get a 2 door tahoe but my pops hands me the keys to his truck, so im going to be stuk with it for a while. man, lol you guys dont understand, ive been stressin over this, i cant sleep at nite, my brother said i was talking in my sleep complaining about it. my mom thinks im CRAZY, i was evern thinking about building a box were people can sit on it? the reason why i wanna keep the seat is cause im always hauling people.

that can be done as well. take the seat out completly, build the box to be 19 inches tall (so the sub can be mounted faceing the front and then just add some poly fill and cover with vinyl or fabric of choice (just make the box the size its needed, and then build a soild stable platform to the other sides to make a bench over the sub box and that also gives space for amps and batts ect...

WELLLLL, I think your gonna be stuck with a blow through then man unless you want to cut the floor board out in the back and weld in a steel box, then line it with undercoating inside and out then build your box into that with a steel mesh grill under some acoustical carpet.....

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg