Sonic Electronix

why dosnt rockfordfosgate recone subwoofers?

ame='hdorre' date='13 April 2010 - 10:08 PM' timestamp='1271210915' post='1036723']

So you find the build quality of their subs not very good and you don't think that their amplifiers are built with quality components and you don't think they have really good customer service for being a really big company.

I'm sorry all of you guys feel that Stillwater Designs is just an overall shitty company. If you really believe that they are not a quality company a high quality company then hey sorry but I have used and abused Kicker products for years and The only complaint that I'm willing to agree with is that maybe their retail prices are on the high side and thats it but then again I guess you can see all the stolen technology that they are useing.

I forgot that their R&D team is useing everyone else's technology or is it everyone else that seems to be implementing Kicker's technology into their subs.

All you people bash Kicker and I really believe people are basing their opinion on the issue that Stillwater Designs is a very big and well known company.

I just think their subs sound like shit. It really doesn't go any deeper than that...

You can't fix stupid

Guest Scylloga

All you people bash Kicker and I really believe people are basing their opinion on the issue that Stillwater Designs is a very big and well known company.

This^^

kicker spends more on advertisement than R&D fyi this is straight from a kicker rep. and yes for what you pay for i think you could buy a much better engineered product.

I believe everything a rep tells me...wait wtf did I just say?

If Stillwater designs wasnt a quality company they wouldnt be in business.

People wont continue to buy shit products.

It is a simple fact.

I lol'd

Oh please. I want YOU to explain to me what is wrong with Kicker?

As a matter of fact, explain to me how L7's have been one of the greatest selling subwoofers made, the CVX, the Comp, and the SoloX are all top quality subs. What exactly are you not liking about them? Did they not work for you personally? Because there are thousands of people running them that dont seem to have a problem.

:)

As a matter of fact, explain to me how L7's have been one of the greatest selling subwoofers made, the CVX, the Comp, and the SoloX are all top quality subs. What exactly are you not liking about them? Did they not work for you personally? Because there are thousands of people running them that dont seem to have a problem.

I will.... lol

the fact i can find a woofer in any of kickers class that sounds better plays louder and is cheaper priced (authorized) thsoe facts are all what factors into me not liking kicker subs.

there hasnt been a kicker sub ive liked since the old solo rounds...not the new ones

I lol'd

So they are not a high Quality company since a couple of their subs are not incredibly accurate witch is a user error issue in the first place as I have made the L7 sound very good but I also know how to design, build and install Kicker subs.

high quality companies such as Kicker you usaully get one guilt free replacement during your warranty period.

High quality? I find most of them loud, but sloppy

But complaining about sloppy subwoofers does not make them a shitty company. An intelligent person would have an idea of what it takes to be a high quality and damn near everything they produce is above average and you need to understand that they sell amps and regular speakers, some on the go products (iPod-Zune docking ports)and much more.

I know first hand that they have excellent customer service from the mid 90's to now. They have always treated me well and did any warranty work as fast if not faster than they say. To the people that have problems with their customer service, I hate to break it to you but that is your fault because in 14 to 15 years of useing Kicker I have never once had any of the issue's the people on the forum have complained about.

You people need to stop blaming Kicker for your screw ups and again I have NEVER had any of the issue's that have been brought up about their Customer Service.

Their 2009 and 2010 subs that I have used are by far better than the older stuff. Hell the 2010 Comp is just blowing me away and I'm shocked to have 2 10 inch Comps brand new with a manufactures warranty and I think I paid $60 a piece for them. They do have SQ and it is a joke to put 150 watts(rated power) on them as that much power is barely making the cones move so I am very comfortable putting 250 watts on each.

Again 8 years of running L7s and I have to say, they love being over powered. I mean a 2 year run on the 06 L7 with a BD1500 per 2 10 inch L7s and the suspension still feels brand new.

It just bugs me that all you people don't know what your doing so you fuck up your Kicker stuff and then go blame them and I have 15 years and since I'm a nobody, Kicker has treated me like a king. They have went out of their way to help me.

Again I don't blow their subs and can't remember the last time I did.

kicker spends more on advertisement than R&D fyi this is straight from a kicker rep. and yes for what you pay for i think you could buy a much better engineered product.

example..

kicker cvr against a cerwin vega vmax

kicker cvr.. single stiff spider.. un sewn tinsle leads

cerwin vega.. double bumped stiff spiders with sewn tinsle leads.

same price. yet the vega is built ten times better.

Man I think my 2010 Comps have sewn in tinsel leads and so do my Solo-Classics and the new L7. You need to understand that since the earliy to mid 90s Stillwater Designs was the company that developed alot of the things that you see in subwoofers these days. LOL you just don't realize the impact Stillwater Designs has had on the development of subwoofer technology.

Hell they have tooled all of their sub baskets and they are the master's of the small box sub and I love the design of the Solo-X field replaceable cone.

Kicker has a lot of first under their belt and if it wasn't for them we would not be as far as we are when it comes to subwoofers across the board.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Already explained it. Their subs sound like shit.

You can't fix stupid

Already explained it. Their subs sound like shit.

That is a very uneducated response, and just proves that you buy in to the 'underground' hype. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Sundown, DC, Audioque, and have used all three as well as others, but that doesn't mean you automatically bash a mainstream company for no justifiable reason at all.

:)

So they are not a high Quality company since a couple of their subs are not incredibly accurate witch is a user error issue in the first place as I have made the L7 sound very good but I also know how to design, build and install Kicker subs.

Stillwater Designs was a high quality company at one time. Sadly, that time was many, many years ago.

You can't fix stupid

Archived