Sonic Electronix

ALright everybody i need more bass for my mustang i have decided i want to either go with 2 15 AA/SMD subs or i can go with 3 15 AA/SMD subs. Now space is not a super big issue but it still does exist. I plan on getting rid of my back seat and putting these subs in its place the over all dimensions for the box are this (note im combining to box styles a wedge flipped upside down to accomodate for the for how the seat was positioned and then a normal rectangle. Over all heigth is 21".. Height 14.75 for the rectangle part of the box width is 46" and depth is 28" those measurement are for the rectangle box now for the wedge its height is 6.25" the very bottom depth is 13" and the top depth is 22" followed by with which is the same 46". With those dimensions i will get a vb of 10.12 ft3 the three woofers will take up .72 leaving me with 9.4 ft3 and the port takes up .26 ft3 so overall box vb is 9.14 split up between three subs would give them each 3 ft3. According to my calculations which may be off since i had to do them all by hand the port dimensions are 17.31"x4.00"x6.53" (w x h x l) I cant upload any pics because this is a really old comp sorry my other one crashed and it had all my programs and pics on it. .. Anyways let me know what you think and if its possible. all amps and batteries will be in the trunk.

Any help is appreciated

1 -----

1 /

1 /

1---------/

Edited by o8mustang13

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

2 15's is plenty. :)

And welcome to the forum.

^x2 most likely you'll do ported right?

SKAR_468x60.jpg

1998 Nissan 200sx

NOW:

Dex-p98r head

Planet Audio 300.4 mids and highs

Planet Audio/Pioneer tweeters/crossovers

Skar SK1500.1

3 SKAR Vvx15 dual 4 wired at .63

There's that much space in a Mustang? :trippy:

Either way, I wanna see pics when it starts up :popcorn:

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

I have two 15"s in my truck and I will say that to most, It's more then enough. Now, With that said, I am ready to go bigger, Simply because I have already become so use to them, That it seems like it does not even hit very hard. Of course I know it does from when people who have no/smaller systems get in and are shocked. I would go for two since you are in a smaller vehicle and it should get plenty loud.

I have two 15"s in my truck and I will say that to most, It's more then enough. Now, With that said, I am ready to go bigger, Simply because I have already become so use to them, That it seems like it does not even hit very hard. Of course I know it does from when people who have no/smaller systems get in and are shocked. I would go for two since you are in a smaller vehicle and it should get plenty loud.

yeah suprisingly there is enough room the reason i suggest 3 is becasue on the website for the AA/SMD subs it says that i need 2-4 ft3 per sub and with the dimensions i gave there is enough room to give each sub 3 ft3 and when it comes to me and the way i live my life the bigger and louder and faster the better. yes it will be ported i mentions the dimensions and everything in my initial description.

thanks for all your opinions so far

just go ahead and go 18's the msrp is $50 more/sub

I could do 18 but they require 4-7 ft3 and witht eh box and the dimensions i have have now woudl it not be a better setup to go witht eh three 15 becasue that will give them the median ft3 they require