Sundown Audio

questions about gains and bass knobs

maniac74

I wen't through all the calculations for my amp and it came to 39.19, so ive set the gain to exactly 39.1, i kept the dmm attached and rolled the bass knob to check the voltage and it read 85.. my question is this normal? I just want to make sure

i have no clip problems. I know this is not the best way to do it but i do not have an oscope. any help would be appreciated. the amp is a t5002 fosgate 768 watts x 2= 1536 square root of 39.19

99 suburban

20" boss motorsport wheels

big 3 installed (thanks Iraggi)

alpine 9886 deck

kenwood 11 band eq

fosgate t5002 amp running sub

kenwood ps200 amp running components

jl xr components in front doors

jl xr 6.5 in rear doors

jl in rear roof

1 FI Q 18" with bp

enclosure 8 cubes 138 sq" port 34hz

Iraggi 220 ho alt

(RF 1500bd coming soon)

I wen't through all the calculations for my amp and it came to 39.19, so ive set the gain to exactly 39.1, i kept the dmm attached and rolled the bass knob to check the voltage and it read 85.. my question is this normal? I just want to make sure

i have no clip problems. I know this is not the best way to do it but i do not have an oscope. any help would be appreciated. the amp is a t5002 fosgate 768 watts x 2= 1536 square root of 39.19

Are you asking if it is normal for the voltage to go up when you crank the bass knob up? If so then yes.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Are you asking if it is normal for the voltage to go up when you crank the bass knob up? If so then yes.

but its not a good thing. keep the voltage at 39.1, leave the noob boost off (i just made that up :good: )

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

If you want to make use of your bass boost knob, but don't want to encounter any clipping, you need to set your voltage with the bass boost knob turned all the way up. That way, when you turn it all the way when you want to crank it you can turn up the knob and you will get up to maximum power before clipping. When you just want to listen to it at a moderate level, turn the knob down.

You hit 85v? Haha, epic clipping.

when the bass knob is disconnected i can set the gain at 39.1 no problem there, when i connect the bass knob even when its all the way down the voltage jumps in to the 70's and will not go any lower, i tryed using the amp without the bass knob and it doesnt have much bass at all, with the bass knob all the way off little to no bass when i roll it up then it starts to hit. this isnt just a 1 knob bass knob this has the frequency also. testing it today it sounded clean with the knob turned up and the frequency turned about 80 hz.

its a variable 35-70Hz remote ParaPunch Bass EQ 0-18dB still a bass knob yes? just looked at the manual.

could the bass knob be interfering with my meter showing false readings? its a fluke 85 multimeter.

Edited by maniac74

99 suburban

alpine 9886 deck

kenwood 11 band eq

jl xr 6.5 in rear doors

jl in rear roof

1 FI Q 18" with bp

enclosure 8 cubes 138 sq" port 34hz

Iraggi 220 ho alt

(RF 1500bd coming soon)

Here,

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/23462-check-actual-ouput-of-an-amplifier/

Go to page 2 and look at post #29 and #30 and maybe more to get a better understanding of the different types of bass knobs that are out there.

Read that acouple of times and you should understand things a little easyer as far as bass knobs go.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Rockford has bass boost knobs or in your case a paramic EQ knob and most of the other companies have line level controls and they are not bass boost at all but they are dubbed bass boost though.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

i'll check it out thanks.

99 suburban

alpine 9886 deck

kenwood 11 band eq

jl xr 6.5 in rear doors

jl in rear roof