Sonic Electronix

just got a new optima batt. is this supposed to happen??

Actually I think it's suppose to read 12 v until you start the car.

Edit: just read you said 11.9 with car on. I would hook it up to someone elses car and test it out

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Actually I think it's suppose to read 12 v until you start the car.

Edit: just read you said 11.9 with car on. I would hook it up to someone elses car and test it out

my new yellow top is reading 12.4 without car started

260 iraggi alt

Yellow Top for the front

1 18" Solo x

1 Memphis Mojo 16-MCD4KW (4000wrms)

All 1/0 Wiring

2 250 Amp Circuit Breakers

BIG 3 1/0

1 Mits. 3000GT

Did you ever set the volt meter? Check the batt with a dmm then set the volt meter to what it was.

Maybe the number is incorrect, and the battery is fine.

Did you get a DMM? is the reading from your Volt meter you installed or stock meter or DMM? I would double/triple check your wires for the big 3, make sure they are all properly connected and no damage. Sounds weird. Get your car running and disconnect the battery. If it dies your alt is going or gone.

Did your old batt go? thought you were going with the HO alt next?

Thats a nice way to damage your computer unless its ODB 1 or before.

to OP: 6 hours is NOT enough time to get a good charge. If you have a spare use that and let the Optima trickle charge for 24 hours THEN test it with a DMM. You're going to kill your alt if you keep running it that low. Less Volts = More Strain on the Alt. BTW whats your stock alt amperage?

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)

For future reference...Those red tops are only starting batteries..I made the mistake and bought it without research and was pissed!!! Some people use them in race cars because they just need that starting power. They are NOT used for car audio...Hows the yellow top coming along?

Current Setup:

Sony CDX-7401UI

2- 12" Alpine TypeR DVC2ohm Subs

Custom ported box

4-American Bass 6.5in SQ-6B Mids

4-Pioneer TS-T15 Tweeters

2-Crunch P1500.1 Mono Amps

2-runs 1/0 GA KnuKonceptz

KnuKonceptz RCA's

1-Stinger SPV44 Battery

Coming soon:

250 Amp Alt

Custom Door Panels

Second Skin Sound Deadner

All in my 1986 Monte Carlo SS!!!

Not necessarily. The 4Ks need AT LEAST 12 at the amp. They will usually pop under it (in my case anyways).

truth!!

I just had 2 of those memphis 4k beast in my truck at .5 ohms each :trippy:

3 d3100s, Dc Power 270xp (230a at idle)

10 volts on a 32hz burp, and amps so hot you could cook a entire breakfast on... LOL

I personally wouldnt of wasted your money on the optima.

The 200+ you probably spent on it could of got you a quality AGM battery (Xs Power, kinetik, Shit even Napas NGK agms). Way bettery then a optima!

Did you ever set the volt meter? Check the batt with a dmm then set the volt meter to what it was.

i did, and when i used a dmm everything showed correct numbers.

Thats a nice way to damage your computer unless its ODB 1 or before.

to OP: 6 hours is NOT enough time to get a good charge. If you have a spare use that and let the Optima trickle charge for 24 hours THEN test it with a DMM. You're going to kill your alt if you keep running it that low. Less Volts = More Strain on the Alt. BTW whats your stock alt amperage?

really? how do i find out if im odb1?

For future reference...Those red tops are only starting batteries..I made the mistake and bought it without research and was pissed!!! Some people use them in race cars because they just need that starting power. They are NOT used for car audio...Hows the yellow top coming along?

really? i though the red ones were meant for normal driving use and the blue ones were for starting only?

truth!!

I just had 2 of those memphis 4k beast in my truck at .5 ohms each :trippy:

3 d3100s, Dc Power 270xp (230a at idle)

10 volts on a 32hz burp, and amps so hot you could cook a entire breakfast on... LOL

I personally wouldnt of wasted your money on the optima.

The 200+ you probably spent on it could of got you a quality AGM battery (Xs Power, kinetik, Shit even Napas NGK agms). Way bettery then a optima!

DAMN!! all that power and it dropped to 10 volts? but damn, you got any old vids of the setup or a test? sounds sick! :)

also, i found out it is my alt. apparently its going out..disconnected the terminal on the bat and my car died..guess im getting a new alt now (im officially getting the iraggi 260 amputator series) hopefully that will take car of my worries for a little while

260 iraggi alt

Yellow Top for the front

1 18" Solo x

1 Memphis Mojo 16-MCD4KW (4000wrms)

All 1/0 Wiring

2 250 Amp Circuit Breakers

BIG 3 1/0

1 Mits. 3000GT

we set the meter with a dmm and it still reads right on. With the car running, at the battery dmm reads 12.1 an the same at the terminal of the Alt.

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

6 cubes 8" aero port at 32hrtz

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

Archived