k3n12ock Posted April 13, 2010 Report Posted April 13, 2010 So, I had recently got my car inspected in the beginning of March. Had to spend like $500 to get a catalytic converter and other stuff fixed. Things were well for like a week and half then the check engine light came back on. Took it to Advance Auto and they say it's the catalytic converter. Called my mechanic who performed all the previous work, he checks it, it's the converter, an oil pressure switch, and something else. SO WTF, he turns it off, and says to call him ASAP if it comes back on. I drive for two days, it comes on. I take it to him and he says it's the same thing. He recommends changing the oil pressure thing so I did. Car runs the same. He tells me to call him ASAP if the light comes back on. Light comes on, I take it to him today. NOW he's telling me it's MY FAULT and that I must have did something to fuck up my car because, according to him, nothing is coming up on his ODB3 whatever machine. That's some bullshit. I think he trying to play me and not wanting to change the converter because every time I brought it to him he just kept delaying on changing the converter telling me to no worry and it's still got warranty on it. 05 xB - (2) EVIL 18s - (2) BC3500s - NO WALL Channel 1: http://www.youtube.com/k3n12ock Channel 2: http://www.youtube.com/MrK3n12ock2
k3n12ock Posted April 13, 2010 Author Report Posted April 13, 2010 inb4tl;dr&coolstorybro&rivetingtaleoldchap. 05 xB - (2) EVIL 18s - (2) BC3500s - NO WALL Channel 1: http://www.youtube.com/k3n12ock Channel 2: http://www.youtube.com/MrK3n12ock2
kirill007 Posted April 13, 2010 Report Posted April 13, 2010 I would get some Harley-friends (these kind: ) , and ask them if they can talk to you're mechanic. You would probably get 2 of those converters. Thinking is the root of all problems... You ALWAYS get what you pay for.
Hellbound Train Posted April 13, 2010 Report Posted April 13, 2010 You should definitely see if you can find someone you know or someone around who has a obd2 reader to see exactly what the problem is. So that you can actually see what code is showing in order to track down the problem. The small computers arent that expensive to buy really. They also come with software in order to look up the codes that are shown. I believe he is not telling you what is coming up when he checks it so you keep coming back in order for him to make more money.
n8ball2013 Posted April 13, 2010 Report Posted April 13, 2010 if it makes you feel better I'm waiting to hear back from the transmission shop to find out why my truck started spewing tranny fluid 78 miles after picking it up. And im going to see if its covered under warranty or I get the run around. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
JCiarlino Posted April 13, 2010 Report Posted April 13, 2010 Have you tried going to a different mechanic? And your car has OBD2, they haven't come out with OBD3 yet.
kylecm85 Posted April 13, 2010 Report Posted April 13, 2010 Its odb2 and i would take it back to them and make them replace it. If you have a documentation that they said they replaced it then there should be no problems. They should just be able to warranty it out as defective. It sounds like they took your money and didnt do they work they where supose to. 94 lincoln mark viii h/u: kenwood kvt 614 Excelon comps: alpine type x amps: mtx 1501d mtx 4004 sub:2 DC lv4 12 wiring jl audio 0awg 8 awg sub jl audio 4 awg for mid and highs amp myspace.com/kylecm85 carstereolexington.com
Hellbound Train Posted April 13, 2010 Report Posted April 13, 2010 If you were local I could run it for you. Advance auto parts, Auto Zone, and Oreilly Auto Parts do free tests so you could definitely get with one of them to see what the true problem is. I know you have previously went to Advance to have it tested but I believe I would return there or go to one of the other auto parts stores I listed and have it tested. If they only give you the codes then you can run them yourself at home and see exactly what cost would be and order the parts. You cant trust dealers or mechanics anymore.
z_ro Posted April 13, 2010 Report Posted April 13, 2010 inb4tl;dr&coolstorybro&rivetingtaleoldchap. lol sorry bro i had to...lol That sucks to hear though. I distrust most mechanics and fail because i couldnt work on my car to save my life just remember, there are no smart people in the world, only some less retarded than others wow shes hot too who is she? kim petras? wheres that from...i'd buss that open Bone stock 2015 Genesis Sedan RIP Civic
jmitch Posted April 13, 2010 Report Posted April 13, 2010 yep like hellbound said but i like auto zone cuz they scan it, tell u, and print it out and then ask if u wanna get the part. well thats what they do here. and i think most mechanics is fulla shit!! I know a lil about everything so dont call me Mr. Know it All.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.