Sundown Audio

Elemental Designs nine.1...good or not?

boomin

which wiring should i get for the amp?

i will most likely be doing (" ") gauge to a seprate battery in trunk, than from that battery from (" ") gauge to both my amps and ground both amps to neg terminal of seprate battery.

Now which amp kit should i get to go to the battery to the seperate batery then finally to the amp.

i was thinking of (http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KFX-PK0) OR (http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KLM-AK0)

ones 1/0 ones 0 gauge....is the 0 gauge really worth $40 more? or will i be good with 1/0

and what kind of fuse should i get? im guessing the bigger the better so i should go with 300A fuse?

and keep in mind this wire will power 2 amps.

F/s: 2 custom made boxes, for 1 12" and 2 12" hit me up I'll let em go cheap

1/0 is 0 gauge. The difference in them is the KLM wire is copper-clad aluminum, and the Fleks is just copper. Pure copper is better. The copper clad aluminum will work, but it is not as flexible and can't carry quite as much current.

300 amp fuse will be fine for the fleks, 250 amp is the biggest they offer for the CCA wire.

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

I don't think he messed it up with 1200 watts sir... I ran around 3000-4000 watts to a single HDC3 12 for a while in around 1.8-2.2cubic feet boxes. It started to bottom out at around 4ish kw though. So I highly doubt he was running *only* 1200 watts to it. I'd inspect the coil though to make sure it's still in satisfactory condition.

Those subs are monsters though. They can take some serious abuse, when I sold mine the suspension had weakened some but you still had to put a little elbow grease on it to make it move.. I gave them hell for 2-3 months too.

1993 Chevrolet SWB Pickup

Viper 791XV

Primer Stage

5/8 Static Drop

Kinetik HC1800

Big 3 Knu Flex 0

Team Tex Flex

1/0 is 0 gauge. The difference in them is the KLM wire is copper-clad aluminum, and the Fleks is just copper. Pure copper is better. The copper clad aluminum will work, but it is not as flexible and can't carry quite as much current.

300 amp fuse will be fine for the fleks, 250 amp is the biggest they offer for the CCA wire.

so which one do i get??? im guesing the Flexs since it can handle more amps

What amps are you using? If its the eD nine.1 and another amp of equal or lesser power, either wire should work just fine.

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown SAX-1200D

Stock Bose system

Profile AP1000M

Either wire will be fine for both of those amps.

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown SAX-1200D

Stock Bose system

Profile AP1000M

ok, so i guess i will be going with the cheaper one with 300A fuse (probly overkill, but if i upgrade at least i know i have a huge fuse in there, and wont have to replace it)

This is what im considering doing... heres a little diagram (not the best) but you get the idea.

will this work, to supply my system with ample power? my stock alt is like 70 amps,and my front battery is very small. (honda civic)

im probably buying a battery from the classifieds (i forget whos selling it but u get the point)

wiring.jpg

the initial run of 0 gauge will have the 300A fuse, forgot to put it in the pic

Archived