Sonic Electronix

There is no data bus to the HU. It had 2 regular pin connectors in the back.

you may be right i am going to have to look into this, its pretty hard to imagine it dosent its a brand new car, and foreign, and most data bus cables loot like regular wire. Have found any company that makes a vehicle specific harness for this car?

lol im gonna guess you are... my suggestion is kinda crazy and idk if it can be done for a HU but this is how i hooked my LEDGLOW lights up: i wired the on/off to go to the 12V cigarette lighter socket so it turned on and off with the car obviously... i think u mite need another fuse for that tho... just a suggestion, like i said idk how it'd work with a HU, good luck tho

Edited by manofthehour

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-Alpine KTP-445 Power Pack

-Polk Audio db6501 (front components)

-Polk Audio db651 (back coaxials)

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Custom box tuned to 33Hz

- Kinetik HC1400

- 50 ft2 of Audio Technix sound deadner

- Big 3

My photography page

lol im gonna guess you are... my suggestion is kinda crazy and idk if it can be done for an amp but this is how i hooked my LEDGLOW lights up: i wired the on/off to go to the 12V cigarette lighter socket so it turned on and off with the car obviously... i think u mite need another fuse for that tho... just a suggestion, like i said idk how it'd work with an amp, good luck tho

its a 9887 replacing the stock HU, may try that.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

you've got good gear why ghetto rig it?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

its a 9887 replacing the stock HU, may try that.

Why wouldn't the new HU turn off and on with the car if it's hooked up to the old power cord?

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Kinetik HC1400

- Big 3

My photography page

Why wouldn't the new HU turn off and on with the car if it's hooked up to the old power cord?

???? dont follow you...I have found my 12 v constant. I cannot find my accessory wire. It is pissime me off royally. Ive busted out the flood lamp. I have done this on a blazer in below zero weather at 11 at night, i can do this on this gorgeous night tonight since i dont have to get up at 4 tomorrow (thankfully, but wish it was for a different reason i will be late to work) But ya. Car is getting annoying.

and n8ball, dont wanna ghetto rig it. Bit if i cannot find the wire, i may tap into that wire, it is essentially the same thing. Id tap into it and solder in a new wire to run up to the HU, which is right above it pretty much. Not much work to do, and not ghetto. Ghetto would be plugging into the Cig lighter, and running out and into the front of the dash to the back of the HU, lol.

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

???? dont follow you...I have found my 12 v constant. I cannot find my accessory wire. It is pissime me off royally. Ive busted out the flood lamp. I have done this on a blazer in below zero weather at 11 at night, i can do this on this gorgeous night tonight since i dont have to get up at 4 tomorrow (thankfully, but wish it was for a different reason i will be late to work) But ya. Car is getting annoying.

and n8ball, dont wanna ghetto rig it. Bit if i cannot find the wire, i may tap into that wire, it is essentially the same thing. Id tap into it and solder in a new wire to run up to the HU, which is right above it pretty much. Not much work to do, and not ghetto. Ghetto would be plugging into the Cig lighter, and running out and into the front of the dash to the back of the HU, lol.

LOL, how is your HU powered? Is it not by the power cord that powered the original HU?

edit: I guess I should ask this question first, lol, does the power cord itself turn the HU on and off? Or is there a different cord in the wiring harness for that?

Edited by manofthehour

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Kinetik HC1400

- Big 3

My photography page

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

71-005 or whatever it was, the 2nd one, looks like the end i cut off in attempt to solder my 9887s harness to the car. I left a bit of wire so i wold be able to re-solder if needed.

Manofthehour, idk if youve ever installed a HU before, or if were just not communicating our thoughts to one another clearly. Electronics have 2 inputs for power. As switched source, the accessory wire, the one im trying to find... And the 12v constant wire, the one i already found.

71-005 or whatever it was, the 2nd one, looks like the end i cut off in attempt to solder my 9887s harness to the car. I left a bit of wire so i wold be able to re-solder if needed.

Manofthehour, idk if youve ever installed a HU before, or if were just not communicating our thoughts to one another clearly. Electronics have 2 inputs for power. As switched source, the accessory wire, the one im trying to find... And the 12v constant wire, the one i already found.

LOL, no I had my friend do it but I watched, but I totally get you now. And my HU came with a wiring harness and all the wire info was on the HU itself so it wasn't that difficult for me to see on mine but without a harness I'd be lost lol. Like I said id just hook it up to a cig lighter (if those harnesses in n8ball's link dont work) but I think you would need a small fuse? Idk but good luck with that though. Btw love your rims n8ball. :good:

Edited by manofthehour

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Kinetik HC1400