Some teachers may care but not all. I dont believe the children get the one on one time they deserve anymore either.

True, some don't and some do. I can only go by what I see at the school I teach and by and large teachers do care, and care deeply. Being in Memphis, we deal with TONS of poverty and kids with very little parenting at home. Teachers (here) are very involved in not only what goes on with the kids at school but also at home. You are spot on about one on one time however, but that is a product of No Child Left Behind (NCLB). Everything we do during the whole school year is based solely on the results of a single test (4 parts over 4 days). The results of this test can shut down schools, and has done so in the past. As a result of this NCLB policy, students are taught less and less about how to learn. If you don't believe me just glance at this forum. How many people ask questions that are easy to find solutions too? The teaching now is very specific, specific skills that match what is on the test. No student learns the how or why any longer, it's just do. We tell them that 4+4=8, but they have no idea what that means. (that is an extreme example but you get the idea). Students spend mandatory amounts of time (90 mins a week for one program)on computer programs that give them the answers after a certain amount of tires. Our school system mandates that classrooms are divided into stations (reading, writing, computer, etc....) and that students rotate in groups to use those stations.

It is easy to say that teachers don't care and there are certainly those who don't (probably too many) but it is so easy to overlook what programs (NCLB for example) are doing to our public school systems.

Oh by the way, under NCLB a school is required to maintain a certain proficiency level every year. The catch is, every 3 (or 5 I forget) years that level goes up, eventually reaching 100%. I think right now it is about 85% or so. In other words, eventually, every student will be required to be proficient in everything on the test. If a single student isn't proficient, that school is considered a failing school. If a school has a failing status for 3 years, it is shut down. Parents in the area are then given a couple choices, one being they can send their kid to a school out of their district, the other will be a voucher system for voucher schools. You can look up voucher schools to see what those are.

To be honest, I don't think kids want "1 on 1 time"... :shrug:

You would be surprised at what kids want. Most of my students crave 1 on 1 time. It is possible considering the demographics in the area that where I am is an exception.

Edited by shkibbybop

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Speaking of cuts. Our school system is in debt 3.3 mill. We are cutting resource officers and I believe over 50 jobs. There are teachers that can retire to save others jobs but they do not have the money to pay their retirement. I do not remember exactly but a close town in our county built a new school. Well this school is used as it should be but they are using a classroom from the old one for the alternative class. What the hell are these people thinking? I dont blame all parents but most parents arent helping their kids be any better people than they are. I watch the way parents jerk kids around and let them get away with whatever. I watched a guy at our local food city tell his daughter who couldnt have been maybe 8 "get in the god damn van". I see so many kids walking the streets around here and no one watching them. I have heard kids about 13 talking about getting high. What has happened to the world and parents actually being parents?

Edited by Hellbound Train

wc_zps9b224b53.png

this shit never happened back when parents were able to tan some hide without retribution, and principles could do the same.

All these pussy kids nowadays never get punished and never have it bad so when they get some little bullshit like a bully pushing you and embarassing you or a bad nickname, they take it in the worse way.

Too many damn bleeding hearts in this world OHHHHH think of the CHILDREN! you're RUINING there lives, NOT improving them.

Go save a fucking whale or hug a tree and leave the parenting to the actual parents.

/rant

That's crazy, even the small ass country town I graduated from had camera's every where, even the parking lot. With a county officer always at the school. Kids these days mostly just do it for the attention, the other half are just plain fucked up in the head.

The Setup

2009 Volkswagen Jetta

2 Alpine SWR-1222D's in 2 seperate boxes tuned to 33hz

1 Kicker ZX1001.1

Stock 140A Alt

Stock speakers

That's crazy, even the small ass country town I graduated from had camera's every where, even the parking lot. With a county officer always at the school. Kids these days mostly just do it for the attention, the other half are just plain fucked up in the head.

There ARE cameras now, 46ish in/around each school (middle/high schools that is)

I don't know if they were going to do this for the attention or just plain fucked up.. hmm..

I remember like maybe 5 (?) years ago a boy who would of been like .. 10 then.. tried to take over his school bus. With a butter knife..lol.. the bus driver took the knife and told him to sit down, rofl. Nice kid though :P just not the smartest

we didnt have cameras or metal detectors and they still dont now.

we didnt have resource officers from the county police until my sophmore year. we havent ever really had any violence besides minor fights stemming from disagreements or people messing with other guys gfs etc.

we had a few bomb threats but thats about it. nclb is pretty shityy.

i loved going to the private prep school i went to. didnt have to take the CRCT, or the graduation test. if there was a fight there, no one got suspended. 2 of my buddies duked it out at lunch one day, got their parents called, sent home and was at school the next day eating lunch together, buddies again. i wore a damn knight halloween costume to school one day :lol: no problems, just laughs ;)

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg