Sundown Audio

PPI PCX2400 or RF T2500-1bd

magillaru

I currently have a PPI PCX2400 powering (2)JL Audio 13W7's and I really want to upgrade to the RF T2500-1bd.

Should I get the RF or just stick with the PPI?

I'm ready to order the RF (I want to order ASAP), but I would like to get some opinions before I dish out a nice chunk of change.

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

Honestly Id go RF FTW. I have a p1000-1bd and a t1500-1bd, and they absolutely have far surpassed my expectations. Not to mention that the RF t2500-1bd is gonna do at least 2500w RMS at 12.5v. And when it gets up to up to 14.4v or higher ur gonna do like 3k+ RMS. Also its gonna be good clean RF power, with a 2 year warranty, plus they look sexy as fuck.

take baby steps, u cant do it all at once unless u have a roll of 100's big enough to choke a donkey

1998 Chevy Venture "Swagger Wagon"

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 Headunit

3 15" Alpine Type R's in seperate T-Lines

1 RF T1500-1bd for 2 of the 15s

1 RF P1000-1bd for the single 15

3 sets of Hifonics Zeus ZXi6.5C Components( 1 more set to come for Front stage)

1 Hifonics HFi100.4 4-channel amp

Stock alt for now (DC HO SPL 400A when funds come in,currently working on buying this)

Stock battery and one Optima Redtop for now (looking at XS batteries)

3 15" Alpine Type R's (aka Swagger Wagon Build 1.0)

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

yes get the rockford... from what ive read up on the ppi is a 2 channel and when bridged your only gettin 1600 out of it, the rockford will give you over 2800 at the least. just make sure to watch your gain on the rf amp the w7s are only rated for 1000 rms altho they can handle a little more. run them at 1.5 ohms and you will more than likely be able to go full tilt. rf amps are clean too pick it up!

2 Fi BTL N2 18s Fully LoadedSundown Audio NS-1Kenwood 845 HU Clarion EQ4 Juicebox 3100sKnu Wire"Big 3"Mechman 270a156.3dBTeam GG.

RF are a little pricy though there are many cheap amps.. but they are very very clean. ive ran rockford before as well

2 Fi BTL N2 18s Fully LoadedSundown Audio NS-1Kenwood 845 HU Clarion EQ4 Juicebox 3100sKnu Wire"Big 3"Mechman 270a156.3dBTeam GG.

even if it was rated at 12 its still only 1600 bridged. im sure the RF will put out more than that at 12 volts

Correct if i'm wrong but i think the ppi was rated at 12 volts where the rockford is rated at 14.4

Personally id keep and run that ppi.

I know the PPI is a nice amp, but I was thinking that I could get a little more power into those subs...

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

Archived