Sundown Audio

PPI PCX2400 or RF T2500-1bd

magillaru

I currently have a PPI PCX2400 powering (2)JL Audio 13W7's and I really want to upgrade to the RF T2500-1bd.

Should I get the RF or just stick with the PPI?

I'm ready to order the RF (I want to order ASAP), but I would like to get some opinions before I dish out a nice chunk of change.

go with RF, they never fail and go beyond the rated rms and quality, why do you think steve uses the RF T2500-1BD for his SMD subs. :good:

All i'm saying is that your only gaining a few hundred watts for a hefty chunk of change, just save up and plan to do a new sub system with subs and amp capable of alot more than you have now.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

All i'm saying is that your only gaining a few hundred watts for a hefty chunk of change, just save up and plan to do a new sub system with subs and amp capable of alot more than you have now.

Good point...I was considering getting (2)Fi BTL 15's, but I don't think that I could fit those into a 2004 Honda Accord (the 12's might fit!).

I was also thinking that the quality of the RF would be better as well as the others mentioned.... :shrug:

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

Good point...I was considering getting (2)Fi BTL 15's, but I don't think that I could fit those into a 2004 Honda Accord (the 12's might fit!).

I was also thinking that the quality of the RF would be better as well as the others mentioned.... :shrug:

You could get the 15's and build the box into your trunk :)

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

You could get the 15's and build the box into your trunk :)

Hmmm...that could work. Yeah, as much as I would love to get some Fi BTL's, I don't think I would be happy with the 12's.

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

Assuming you have subs wired for 3ohms per ch, then you're really only getting appx 500-600 watts per sub. Now if you get the RF and wire the subs to 1.5ohm mono, you're likely to put about double the power to the subs. Again this is assuming. Im surprised nobody has even mentioned impedance yet.

Archived