about to order my BTL!

Just because you watched a video on youtube of a funny car running 4.10 seconds in 1/4 mile at 312mph does it mean you can do it? :)

No..you'll get in it, poop your pants in the first 30 feet and put it in the wall.

The internet gives a false sense of security for WAY too many people...I don't condone running that much power. There's a reason that they have a 2kw RMS rating. Aside from that you are going to have to run some sort of external subsonic filter because the rockford amps have a filter at 25Hz at 12dB/octave...

Basically means it's worthless if you tune your enclosure any higher then 28Hz. When you play below port tuning frequency the sub is basically in a 'free air' application at that point..and you are throwing 4kw at it free air. You'll then complain because 'these subs suck they broke'...when in all reality speakers are stupid and do what you tell them to do in the environment that you put them in.

Speakers breaking is a very rare occurrence...people breaking speakers..not so much.

I wouldn't run that much power if I were you.

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

Just because you watched a video on youtube of a funny car running 4.10 seconds in 1/4 mile at 312mph does it mean you can do it? :)

No..you'll get in it, poop your pants in the first 30 feet and put it in the wall.

The internet gives a false sense of security for WAY too many people...I don't condone running that much power. There's a reason that they have a 2kw RMS rating. Aside from that you are going to have to run some sort of external subsonic filter because the rockford amps have a filter at 25Hz at 12dB/octave...

Basically means it's worthless if you tune your enclosure any higher then 28Hz. When you play below port tuning frequency the sub is basically in a 'free air' application at that point..and you are throwing 4kw at it free air. You'll then complain because 'these subs suck they broke'...when in all reality speakers are stupid and do what you tell them to do in the environment that you put them in.

Speakers breaking is a very rare occurrence...people breaking speakers..not so much.

I wouldn't run that much power if I were you.

unless im not seeing something right, he said hes using tarantulas not RFs....

edit: did read it wrong, almost...

Edited by mbdblue

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

ook well yea im not running rockford amps soo the other guy you read it right. and i dont get your whole little speech thing?? didnt make sense?!

and i just ordered it now cuase they have free cooling im not trippin off waiting a month or two! we've all seen the product we all no that its great!

and when i do put 4k on them!!! whatever happens i did and if they blow and i need to recone them then you can say haha i told you soo and i would be fine with that! how about you?!

"yes... it will play like that all day!"

ook well yea im not running rockford amps soo the other guy you read it right. and i dont get your whole little speech thing?? didnt make sense?!

and i just ordered it now cuase they have free cooling im not trippin off waiting a month or two! we've all seen the product we all no that its great!

and when i do put 4k on them!!! whatever happens i did and if they blow and i need to recone them then you can say haha i told you soo and i would be fine with that! how about you?!

You wouldn't tell me anything...I see this stuff every day. I'm just trying to save you money from doing something dumb to begin with...or prevent you from doing something dumb..

Somebody sees somebody else put tons of power to a speaker on a youtube video or the internet and they automatically assume that they can do it.

There's a learning curve to this stuff...and thanks to the internet and the wonderful youtube people are completely missing it and going from getting a learners driving permit at 15 or 16 years old and jumping straight into a top fuel car expecting they can drive it..because they saw somebody else do it on the internet.

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

Well, i always think that´s better to have extra power and set the gains right if it´s needed, but anyways, even with a 4K amp he would never give 4K to the sub, unless he is the best box builder ever, remember IMPEDANCE RISE, for SPL boxes we always try to reduce it, but for daily boxes we don´t care most of the time, besides that, voltage drops, so from a 4K, i would guess he´ll see 3K at the most! I had 3 DD´s 1510 (500 watts each sub) with a Cadence 6000.1 amp for about a year, hitting 148 dbs on my daily box without any problems, why??? 13v of voltage and final impedance of 3.5 ohms, so from 6K and wass seeing 2800 watts, the subs took them perfect!!!

That said, everyone that visited my channel and commented on my videos, said woww, DD is an animal, it can take 2K each sub and they´re only 500 rms! Then YES, like NDM said, internet gives you false statement sometimes.My best friend clamped 2K on each 15" BL´s and no problems since we installed a year ago, i would guess a BTL could handle 3K for daily maybe?

Edited by fecupe2001

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

updown-1.gif

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

haha twisted you dog! Í don´t do pics or comments about things like that because i´m new here and i don´t want to pick any fight, but you said it all hahahhaa.

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Ook there going to be on 2 2k amps each soo even if i did see imandance rise i might get 3500??

but what you said about your dd's and your bl's that just shows that those are great products thats why i chose btls! ive seen what people have put on them! and im not trying to go balls out and put 10k on them either! just doubling the power.

and like i said before if i fail i fail! and then im going to love all the funny fail pics people post! and all he great comments im gunna get from people!

"yes... it will play like that all day!"

Ook there going to be on 2 2k amps each soo even if i did see imandance rise i might get 3500??

but what you said about your dd's and your bl's that just shows that those are great products thats why i chose btls! ive seen what people have put on them! and im not trying to go balls out and put 10k on them either! just doubling the power.

and like i said before if i fail i fail! and then im going to love all the funny fail pics people post! and all he great comments im gunna get from people!

I think even 2 2000.1 SS strapped it´s not enough for those subs, i guess you´ll see about 1500 watts wach at the most. So, if they broke down, it´s because of clipping or something like that, not for the power because i think it´s not bad for them...