J00bles' DC XL 18s Walled in a Civic

So let me ask you, how hard was the dual alt set-up. I want to replace my AC pump with an alt, but I don't have the time to drop my engine block to make a bracket lol.

easy as hell to do in a civic lol. $15 in L stock, some bolts, a little wire, and a free ford taurus alternator i had laying in my garage ;)

DSC02564.jpg

DSC02577.jpg

DSC02580.jpg

:shrug:

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

And those L-brackets are holding? It doesn't matter what vehicle the alt is from, as long as you can get it to fit? Hmm, you're giving me ideas.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

And those L-brackets are holding? It doesn't matter what vehicle the alt is from, as long as you can get it to fit? Hmm, you're giving me ideas.

well, the L brackets have broken a few times. 1/8" steel didnt hold long, but the most recent 3/8" steel should never ever go bad :P

the alt really doesnt matter as long as you can wire it up. the taurus alt is nice because you only have to hook up 2 wires (constant 12v, and a switched 12v) it was a VERY cheap way to add an extra 100amps of charging current into my system!!

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

Nice. Did you just hardwire it into your first alt?

nope, i ran the constant 12v directly to my battery, and i ran the swiched 12v into my car and hooked it up to an "on/off" switch so that the alt is only on when i need it to be. my 1.5L motor gets bogged alittle bit with 300amps of alternator on it, so i dont run it on all the time

• 1 month later...

possibly. i was actually looking at NOT adding a second amp because of funds, but shoot me a price and maybe we can work soemthing out

Archived