6 15" MT EXPEDITION WALLED ROCKFORD AMPS 18,000 WATTS

Well its been a year since I first put these MT's in here been through some blown amps and had somebody steal a couple now I'm doing a rebuild. My roof keeps ripping and my window latches and hinges are breaking so it's time for a wall. The best I did was a 154.8 db at 39Hz. I am hoping to pick up a couple db by adding another amp and walling it off. The amps will do approx 4000rms at .75 ohms, so about 16,000 watts. I have 6 in the pic but one is broken right now. Even if I ran one per sub they are dual 1 ohm subs and the amps would only do about 2000 watts. I can barely fit 4 in here anyway

I am now running 4 t30001bd on 6 15s. I am strapping 2 together for each set of three subs. The amps will see 1.5 ohms for the strapped pair. The subs are dual 1 ohm. I am running two t5002 for mids and highs. I dont know what I'm going with yet but im thinking about 6 kappa 6 1/2 in each front door and one in each rear door.

PIC_0034.jpg

They only prob is my charging system. I have 6 deka intimidators and 2 runs of 2/0. I am trying to mount 3 alts, I know its gonna be a problem. Well anyway just pulled everything out this morning and taking measurements now for the box.

Does anybody know the what I should run for volume and port area? The old box is 27 cu ft including the port and the port is 360 square inches, it peaked on the meter at 39 in the kick with the oppisite door open. I know its prob gonna change what freq it tunes to with a wall. Its gonna be really hard to get alot of port area with a wall. What do you think is minimum port area for 6 15s?

Here is a link to the first build. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/42832-operation-24-hour-build/

Here is my first big system I built in 2001. It was 6 comp vr on 3 mtx 2300x it did a best of 158.4 in the kick on the old meter,it peaked at 43 Hz. So I'm guessing it will be close to the same frequency.

oldsystem.jpg

2001 EXPEDITION

6 RE MT 15" WITH TEAM PSI PARTS

4 ROCKFORD T30001BD

3 ROCKFORD T5002

6 DEKA GROUP 31 INTIMIDATOR BATTS

156 AT 42Hz at 12 volts (need more alternator)

usac outlaw in the kick door open

What year is your Expi? :) I love Expeditions, mainly since I own one.. This is looking like a sick build.. T30001bd's FTW

by the way when you say you were breaking window latches.. are you talking about the 2 brackets on the rear window? I broke mine too with my CVX's

2003 Ford Crown Victoria P71

2 12" Kicker CVX's

Audiopipe AP15001d

Stinger SR80 Isolator with DieHard 1200CCA battery

Streetwires 0awg

Secondary - 1998 Ford Expedition XLT

What year is your Expi? :) I love Expeditions, mainly since I own one.. This is looking like a sick build.. T30001bd's FTW

by the way when you say you were breaking window latches.. are you talking about the 2 brackets on the rear window? I broke mine too with my CVX's

Its a 2001 all beat up now. Yeah the aluminum latches on the rear glass and broke the side window latches twice. Ripped the roof and I welded it and now it ripped next to the welds. It broke one of the roof racks and the sunroof regulator and motor assemlbly broke. Now the passenger rear door wont open from the inside, something is broken in there too.

2001 EXPEDITION

4 ROCKFORD T30001BD

3 ROCKFORD T5002

Its a 2001 all beat up now. Yeah the aluminum latches on the rear glass and broke the side window latches twice. Ripped the roof and I welded it and now it ripped next to the welds. It broke one of the roof racks and the sunroof regulator and motor assemlbly broke. Now the passenger rear door wont open from the inside, something is broken in there too.

Yeah in a way I wish I had a sunroof but I'm glad I don't because I don't want issues with subs fucking it up. Plus my roof rattles like a mofo right where the sunroof would be anyways. And you must have the Eddie Bauer since you said side window latches. You're talking about the power vented rear windows right? Really wish I had those..

How do you like your Expedition though? I'm in love with my '98, just wish I had the 5.4 and more money for gas.

2003 Ford Crown Victoria P71

2 12" Kicker CVX's

Audiopipe AP15001d

Stinger SR80 Isolator with DieHard 1200CCA battery

Streetwires 0awg

Secondary - 1998 Ford Expedition XLT

Well I got started today found a way to come up with enough port area. Still working on the front need more layers on the face im thinking 4 more. The box is going to be 27 - 30 cu ft. tuned to 35hz. I have roughly 320 sq inches of port. Still working on building the port.

042410155711_01.jpg

042410190032_012.jpg

2001 EXPEDITION

4 ROCKFORD T30001BD

3 ROCKFORD T5002

it already looks pretty love curved ports :drinks:

I wish every body had beat so I wouldnt have to turn my shit down. Fosgate for life running there shit since I was 16 going on 15 years strong. Not stopping any time soon.

Man, Good luck with the build. I did 6 15" MT's in a flat wall as well...s-10 blazer though. It was a monster that liked to eat walls and amps. Lots of 2x4's, glass, and bracing for sure... no such thing as overkill with that setup.

edit - I guess what I was trying to say is that baffle WILL NOT hold those subs without mega serious Chuck Norris style reinforcement. It'll be raining MT's after about 20 mins.

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

damnn that thing is gunna slap, cant wait to see the finished product

*** SuperSeller Status Verified *** ( http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers/ )

"kevosinn's" astro van
8 custom Sundown Zv4 18's
4 Sundown scv 6000's
CNF Distribution CNC parts
Skyhigh wire

some batteries

SMD Meters and tools used on the install
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172877-kevosinns-vanwest-coast-skyhigh-car-audio-vehicle/

16,000 watt walled silverado build.
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161965-walled-silverado-4-hdc4-15s-4-crescendo-3500s-and-much-more/

8,000 watt 1999 Subaru legacy outback. Build log here: http://www.stevemead...ru/page__st__60

TEAM CNF Distribution

Archived