head unit clipping

head units clip? or do you mean subwoofer?

edit: what I did with my setup is I put the volume at a reasonable level to which I could ride around to (not blasting) and the bass at +7 and sub level on HU at 15, then I tuned the amp and made the subs beat as hard as they could (to the point where they still sounded good tho) that way if I wanted to turn the volume of the mids and highs I would turn down the bass and up the volume. I have a high pass filter on my HU tho idk if you do... but thats what I do. Hope that helps.

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-Alpine KTP-445 Power Pack

-Polk Audio db6501 (front components)

-Polk Audio db651 (back coaxials)

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Custom box tuned to 33Hz

- Kinetik HC1400

- 50 ft2 of Audio Technix sound deadner

- Big 3

My photography page

a good max is like 3/4 of the total. (or at least thats what i use on my pioneer)

i notice that a couple clicks after that amount and i start to hear that nasty ass clippage.

gl bro

Rowan University Electrical Engineering

LINK TO MY BUILDDDDD

Current Setup in my 00' Hyundai Accent:

Pioneer DEH-P6900UB

RE.6.5C AUDIO 500w 6.5" COMPONENT CAR SPEAKERS

Eclipse SE 6500 (6.5 coax in rear deck)

two Kicker C124's in a t-line tuned to 28.6Hz

Kenwood KAC-7204

US amps 1600.4 V2

Upcoming Build this summer:

T-Line enclosure for two C124's tuned to 28ish hz O_O

amp my speakers with a US amps 1600.4.

Second Skin Should be fun ^_^

i dont mean to be all know it all.. but i dont think you cant hear cliping.. i think you mean distortion :drinks:

This guy sounds like he knows what he's talkin about (not saying this in a mean way) :drinks: :

[[[you can always hear clipping. It wil sound like a harsh "clack"

um, that's not clipping at all. What you're describing is "bottoming out"...when the sub's voice coil hits the back plate due to over-excursion.

Besides, subs dont clip...amps do. Clipping is a term that is used to describe the signal that the amp is producing. A normal signal is a sine wave, but a clipped signal becomes square. This square wave sends more heat to the sub and causes the sub's cone to not move as much as it should; hence, losing its ability to dissipate the extra heat. This can cause the sub's VC to fry.

The sound the subwoofer makes when an amp sends a clipped signal is generally just a distorted sound. You know how a certain note should sound, but when clipped, it sounds "off" or distorted. Many people refer to this sound in subwoofers as being similar to that of a "wet fart".]]]

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-Alpine KTP-445 Power Pack

-Polk Audio db6501 (front components)

-Polk Audio db651 (back coaxials)

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Custom box tuned to 33Hz

- Kinetik HC1400

- 50 ft2 of Audio Technix sound deadner

- Big 3

My photography page

This guy sounds like he knows what he's talkin about (not saying this in a mean way) :drinks: :

[[[you can always hear clipping. It wil sound like a harsh "clack"

um, that's not clipping at all. What you're describing is "bottoming out"...when the sub's voice coil hits the back plate due to over-excursion.

Besides, subs dont clip...amps do. Clipping is a term that is used to describe the signal that the amp is producing. A normal signal is a sine wave, but a clipped signal becomes square. This square wave sends more heat to the sub and causes the sub's cone to not move as much as it should; hence, losing its ability to dissipate the extra heat. This can cause the sub's VC to fry.

The sound the subwoofer makes when an amp sends a clipped signal is generally just a distorted sound. You know how a certain note should sound, but when clipped, it sounds "off" or distorted. Many people refer to this sound in subwoofers as being similar to that of a "wet fart".]]]

well put.. well this is what the form are for.. to learn something :good:

head units clip? or do you mean subwoofer?

edit: what I did with my setup is I put the volume at a reasonable level to which I could ride around to (not blasting) and the bass at +7 and sub level on HU at 15, then I tuned the amp and made the subs beat as hard as they could (to the point where they still sounded good tho) that way if I wanted to turn the volume of the mids and highs I would turn down the bass and up the volume. I have a high pass filter on my HU tho idk if you do... but thats what I do. Hope that helps.

thats not the correct way btw, GL with fried equipment/shitty sound

Archived