Sundown Audio

Help Finding A Amp For A Tc-3000...

Eric B

After Ive been looking around and saw that my TC-3000 will shine in a ported box with 1500-2000wrms going to it, and realized since i planned on buying a RF T10001BD that average 1486 but still thats the average and I was buying a refurb so I wasnt sure how much output, so I started looking around for a descent priced amp that puts out in that range and saw the kicker zx1500.1 on ebay for about $400+ and figured they seem to average 1700wrms. Has anyone had any experience with this amp? Or do you have any more recommendations, In trying to stay below $450 money tight.

Are they 1-ohm stable, because everywhere I look it says something different

Edited by YBZ29

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

After Ive been looking around and saw that my TC-3000 will shine in a ported box with 1500-2000wrms going to it, and realized since i planned on buying a RF T10001BD that average 1486 but still thats the average and I was buying a refurb so I wasnt sure how much output, so I started looking around for a descent priced amp that puts out in that range and saw the kicker zx1500.1 on ebay for about $400+ and figured they seem to average 1700wrms. Has anyone had any experience with this amp? Or do you have any more recommendations, In trying to stay below $450 money tight.

Are they 1-ohm stable, because everywhere I look it says something different

i wouldnt honestly push them at 1ohm and your TC driver wont wire to 1ohm it will wire to .35 or 1.4 or 5.6 or something close to that because they are quad 1.4 coils

i wouldnt honestly push them at 1ohm and your TC driver wont wire to 1ohm it will wire to .35 or 1.4 or 5.6 or something close to that because they are quad 1.4 coils

My TC-3000 is a dual 2ohm

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

im not sure on if its over or underrated...but i know its only 2ohm stable...

On Sounddomain its says 1-ohm stable....false advertisement everywhere

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

still doesnt wire down to 1 ohm wires to .7 all TC coils are off like that

So what amp out there should I get? Am I going to have to run a amp to each coil?

I was thinking 2 Kicker ZX750.1 one on each coil, but that would pry still be below 2ohm, or could they handle it?

Edited by YBZ29

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

run a USamps MD2 on it it will be fine at .7 and give between 1500-1800rms

or an RF 1500 would prob work too, most good 1ohm stable amps should be fine with the .7 due to rise. a 2ohm amp i wouldnt chance at .7

run a USamps MD2 on it it will be fine at .7 and give between 1500-1800rms

or an RF 1500 would prob work too, most good 1ohm stable amps should be fine with the .7 due to rise. a 2ohm amp i wouldnt chance at .7

How much one of them cost? I looked on the website couldnt find any prices but I dont wanna drop anymore than $500...would a Kicker ZX750.1 on each coil work fine, since each coil is 2-ohm? Or is that too much to risk? Or what about a Us Amps Xt4000D? Or should I just goback to getting a T10001BD?

Edited by YBZ29

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION