Second Skin Audio

Port Help ( 8 15''s In A Mk2 Golf ) Uk

Help people,im in the uk and in need of help

Just brought 2 boxes that fit together to form a V-shape behind drivers seat in my mk2 vw golf/rabbit

there like 2 wedge boxes that hold 4x15 each both have 2 slot ports which are about 14x2 but i need a port length HELPPPPPPP

my setup so far is :

8 x 15's 2ohm Dvc woofers 500rms each

2 red top optima batterys in back

1guage wire through out

audio control 150

not sure what amps yet mayb hifonics but im on a budget

Looking for around 32 HTZ !!!!!!

as for the boxes there about 35 x 35 x 17 x 9 each in a wedge type box 3/4'' mdf,will get pics but i cant work out my port length ( 2 slot ports per box measuring 14x2 each

How much more info you need ???

Thanks for your time

Edited by 8x15inagolf

2- pre fab 4-15" boxes? something like that, I think it would have been best to custom build in the car. The airspace seems somewhat adequate, any way you can do a sketch in paint to show how it will be set up so we know hot its going in? cuz ports you may want to fire straight fwd

dont know what kind of woofers you got, but you said DVC, thinking its Dayton DVC, the port could be about 6"x6" x9.75" long... if you have a different sub, let us know

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

dohh 32hz, not 34hz....

6"x6"x12"

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

where abouts from UK are you mate?

Also as mentioned above is airspace going to be enough? im sorry i cant help with the port length still trying to learn that process....

Give it some time i reckon you'll get an answer sooner or later ;)

Those look like probox boxes. i bet anything they are.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/