bassHZ Posted April 20, 2010 Report Posted April 20, 2010 set my dmm to ohms and put it on my single voice coil 4ohm subwoofer and it bounced around around 3.4 and 4.something but mainly over 4.something is this a good thing what should a subwoofer coil check out at on the dmm and is it the same for number for like mids and highs and tweeters ??
cqtama Posted April 23, 2010 Report Posted April 23, 2010 sounds about right. remeber everytime the cone moves even a the a little it changes the impedence a little R.I.P '01 blazer you treated my ears well until your transmission blew up. New Project [top secret] 149.0 db on music driver window open; so close I feel some boners are fueled by viagra and not true intimacy!......if you know what i mean.... I swear... sometimes I wish I was retarded so I could just agree with everyone x.
kingcabon20s Posted April 23, 2010 Report Posted April 23, 2010 I had the same question I need my subs to be at 1 ohm and the dmm is reading 1.2-1.4 this is with the subs in the box and im taking a reading off the speaker wire that goes to the amp but is not hooked up. My seller feedback.
bassHZ Posted April 23, 2010 Author Report Posted April 23, 2010 ok is it the higher the number the better the woofer is or the lower the better cuz i checked other woofers and one metered at .08 the other higher than 1.0
bassHZ Posted April 23, 2010 Author Report Posted April 23, 2010 I had the same question I need my subs to be at 1 ohm and the dmm is reading 1.2-1.4 this is with the subs in the box and im taking a reading off the speaker wire that goes to the amp but is not hooked up. oo same here thats what i did the other subs i checked were 4ohm single and they metered lower like at 1.0
n8ball2013 Posted April 23, 2010 Report Posted April 23, 2010 take your dmm set it to ohms and touch the leads together I'm willing to bet thats where the additional comes in at. Being that little over is not bad. if it was a 4 ohm coil reading like 16 or something it would be . THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.