Sundown Audio

My CRX + Magic Box From the Jeep

So... I got tired of not going to any shows so I've thrown something in the CRX. Took my "magic box" from the Jeep and threw my prototype Monster 15" in there as it was the only D1 sub I found laying around and powered it with the prototype 2500D.

CIMG3677.JPG

* Stinger SPP1500 under the hood with oval 1/0 Stinger flex wire -- one run power and one run ground to the back.

CIMG3678.JPG

* Upgraded factory ground wire here too.

CIMG3679.JPG

* Got it in behind the b-pillar. SAX-100.4 under the box.

CIMG3680.JPG

* Wire mess with distribution blocks.

CIMG3681.JPG

* Magic box in all of it's glory.

CIMG3682.JPG

* SAZ-2500D is under these boards. Just threw this in quickly with scraps to test.

... drum roll ...

CIMG3683.JPG

* Also did 150.1 but didn't take photo... clamped ~1300 watts of power. Big rise + lacking electrical = not alot of power.

Peaking at 52 Hz... not right for the CRX at all -- but interestingly this is MORE efficient than the same box in my Jeep. So I may just keep adding power to it :)

Interior in the back is stripped to prepare for dampening... so hopefully I can get results of dampening addition soon! Second Skin Damplifier Pro of course!

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Why are most SPL builds so damn ugly?

I put the sub box and amp in there in an hour today just to see if it would work -- eg: throwing whatever is laying around in there... scraps of wood, etc.

Entire rest of install = last Saturday... power wire, speaker wires, battery, etc.

Being that SPL installs change so often it is silly to neaten them up.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

I put the sub box and amp in there in an hour today just to see if it would work -- eg: throwing whatever is laying around in there... scraps of wood, etc.

Entire rest of install = last Saturday... power wire, speaker wires, battery, etc.

Being that SPL installs change so often it is silly to neaten them up.

I didn't really intend to call you out or anything. My comment was pretty much an admitted broad stroke. I guess if you're happy with it, that's what matters.

Personally, I like my vehicles to look decent.

You can't fix stupid

Could be worse, it could look like your avatar. Well, atleast he didn't use duck tape...uh...wait...nevermind.

My avatar has been the source of several comments on this forum. I don't get it. Have none of you guys watched horror movies? How can you not know what a chud is?

You can't fix stupid