Sundown Audio

i have 4 boston acoustic 6x9s on the sax 100x4, some reason the speakers handle the power like champs but i blew the tweeters. replaced the 6x9s and before i hook them up again i wanna see what this setting should be set at.

50hz-500hz--HPF x1 or x10 range

sax_1004_controls_lg__14232.jpg

That would mean that if you have it at the 500 that you add the one so that ywould make it in to 1500Khz and at the 50 setting it would be 150 hz

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

are these coax or a comp set?

cause the only way ive ever blown a tweet on a coax was from switching the hpf on the headunit back n forth and it blew it

but if its a comp set i would run it like this

tweets on front channel set to about 300 500 and move that switch to x10, and hook the 6x9's to rear channel and set it to x1 @ around 80-100htz

that x1 and x10 either timeses the freq setting by 1 witch keeps it the same, or by 10 witch times it by 10

examples are

amp set to 300htz @ x1 is 300htz

amp set to 300htz @ x10 is 3000htz, kinda lets you run active in a way, my 3way xover does the same thing

hope this helps, but if its a coax set all the hpf from 50-500 is only gunna do is adjust the midrange going to teh speaker, not the tweet, it has its own stand alone xover cap so shouldn't have blown, unless it blew the cap, and if so u can run active :) thats what i do

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Personally i would just use full range and not use any of the on board crossover and instead use something else to control that portion. Blowing a tweeter has nothing to do with crossing something over and more to do with the speaker itself not handling the power given it.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

I thought that X1 meant times 1 and X10 meant times 10, so what ever the dial was at you multiply by one or by ten.

exactly, my 3way xover does the same thing that amp does, and ive played around with it a while trying to run some of my old speakers active just to see what it sounds like and lol, its harder than you think to set shit like this

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

there the boston acoustic 6x9 SR95's 75rms. coax speakers. i ran my boston components off a sundown 125x2 and i set it perfect, can run them full tilt all day no problems. i set the 100x4 the same way and after a while the tweeters started sounding distorted. i turned it down and not much longer they stopped, the speakers itself though still played fine and could actually take more power