Sundown Audio

Bxi1206d Or Bxi1606d

wow that is a nice amp....I might change my mind about the bxi1606d and go for the xxv, but if I did get it, I would be a little confused on wiring the subs to it. Should I wire 2 subs together and wire it to the 1st channel and wire the other 2 subs to the 2nd channel? If someone could tell me or if you have a wiring diagram that would be very helpful

just wire all the +'s together and and put that to the bridged + on the amp, then wire up all the -'s together and wire that up to the bridged - on the amp.

With four dvc 4ohm subs that'll put him at 0.5ohms mono on an amp only rated to 2ohms mono. He'll need to wire a pair of subs on each channel for 1ohm stereo.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

With four dvc 4ohm subs that'll put him at 0.5ohms mono on an amp only rated to 2ohms mono. He'll need to wire a pair of subs on each channel for 1ohm stereo.

if the amp is 2 ohm bridged then he'll have to wire each sub in series therefore making each sub play at 8 ohm apiece, wire all four subs + and - together making the final load 2 ohm (8 ohm+8 ohm+8 ohm+ 8 ohm= 2ohm)

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

The XXV Colossus is definately the way to go.

Some times costs is an issue in which 2 BXi1606D amps are less expensive.

If you go with 2 Brutus amps, I recommend getting the Maxx-Link MLX-100 bridging module.

This is like having amps with strapping (or linking) capabilities.

It will ensure both amps are providing the identical signal to the subs.

The XXV Colossus is definately the way to go.

Some times costs is an issue in which 2 BXi1606D amps are less expensive.

If you go with 2 Brutus amps, I recommend getting the Maxx-Link MLX-100 bridging module.

This is like having amps with strapping (or linking) capabilities.

It will ensure both amps are providing the identical signal to the subs.

that's a good comment. i have two bx1500d (one on each of my T2 12s). when i first hooked them up, set both amps alike and i notice one sub hit way harder than the other. what i had to do is set one gain about 1/4 and the other at about 1/8 of the way up. i wanted reviews on the maxx-link mlx-100 and it's capabilities ............. such as me not having to adjust each amp to play the same.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

that's a good comment. i have two bx1500d (one on each of my T2 12s). when i first hooked them up, set both amps alike and i notice one sub hit way harder than the other. what i had to do is set one gain about 1/4 and the other at about 1/8 of the way up. i wanted reviews on the maxx-link mlx-100 and it's capabilities ............. such as me not having to adjust each amp to play the same.

I will post the specs and drawings of the Maxx-Link tomorrow.

These work on any mono amp (not just Maxxsonics).

They should be used in every application of multiple mono amps systems that are not strappable.

Ya I noticed that 2 BXI1606D's would cost me about $200 less than the XXV. So I dunno, it depends on how much I wanna spend when the time comes. So if I do get 2 1606D's, thanks for the tip on the Max-Link, I just might have to look into gettin it