Sundown Audio

Bxi1206d Or Bxi1606d

I am going to be building a wall in the near future for 4 Cerwin Vega V-Max 12.4 subs. I was wondering which Hifonics amp to get, the BXI1206D or the BXI1606D (I will be getting 2 amps and running 2 subs on each[they will be wired to 1 ohm]). I know the 1206D seems like it should rms these subs good but I have heard that Hifonics amps dont put out what they say they do. So if anyone could please help me decide on which amp to purchase, that would be great. Thx

I would go with the big one nothing wrong with a little headroom and whether they put out rated power or not i have no clue but better safe than sorry and another reason to go with the big one is don't have to have the gain all the way up may run cooler, I've heard that some HF amps over heat but I haven't seen one do it... My old BX1500D was a tank and I've ran it cranked for hours DJing a wedding dance when the DJ's mixer busted.

DOWNLOADing music is awesome, before i use to walk into a record store and have to shop lift it from the shelfs.. Now i just download it.. saves gas, saves time, and saves me the trip to the jail.

and i have two BX1500ds and they slam bro, they don't get heated quickly either. i'd go with the bxi1606d if i was you.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Alright, looks like im goin for the 1606D Thx guys and coolwazabi: I dont wanna go with sumthing else because HF has pretty cheap amps and my friend had an SPL amp and it sounded nice but then he got a HF and it sounded so much cleaner, but thx anyways

Alright, looks like im goin for the 1606D Thx guys and coolwazabi: I dont wanna go with sumthing else because HF has pretty cheap amps and my friend had an SPL amp and it sounded nice but then he got a HF and it sounded so much cleaner, but thx anyways

he was refering you to somethign else because hifonics BXI series is a get what you pay for line, 1606 you may get 1200-1300 watts 1206 you may get 900rms. Hey whatever floats your boat though.

if youre going with hifonics, just get the xxv colossus. much better amp, and you can power all 4 subs off a single amp.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall