Grade my score -- 2700 RMS Clamped  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Grade my Score 148db on 2700 Clamped watts

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I'm skeptical, the wave looks FUCKED on the termlab screen.

Where was the mic really stuck?

It clearly shows the mic on the dash in the video.. why does the wave look fucked?

Have you run any type of sweep to see where it peaks at?

I just played a few tones from 40-50hz not an actual sweep then I went into music.

It clearly shows the mic on the dash in the video.. why does the wave look fucked?

Because it's all in the negative domain. Go find a pic of a real burp and you'll see that the wave form on the screen is almost sinusoidal. Yours is just a slight wiggle in the negative with a big spike at the end.

Looks dodgy as shit to me, tbh.

EDIT:

From the "Got proof?" Thread:

TLresults10.jpg

Picture614.jpg

SPL154.jpg

djunk-backitup.jpg

DSC07831.jpg

1502.jpg

See the waveform? Why does yours look nothing like any of them huh...

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Because it's all in the negative domain. Go find a pic of a real burp and you'll see that the wave form on the screen is almost sinusoidal. Yours is just a slight wiggle in the negative with a big spike at the end.

Looks dodgy as shit to me, tbh.

Crump and Slapuhho here on the forum did the metering for me. I think that they got the termlab a couple months ago could it be a calibration issue?

here is another video of the system be tested the same day This one was before I removed my cover on the subs.

And here is one I did last year off a T1001bd

Boon.. I do respect you opinion I know you know what your talking about so if there are issues definitely let me know.. hopefully this means that i could possible get a better score.

Those vids look way better. Congrats, you're doing a very decent score then.

Please accept my apologies for being so skeptical. Historically waves that looked like that = people faking scores.

I dont know if it was caused by it being on peak hold or what but after watching the other videos I see what your saying now. I believe at that point in the 148db vid is when I ripped my surround on one of the subs.

• 3 weeks later...

thats a decent number, but i think you need to do a little more testing/tuning. I hit a 144.9 in a 1999 tahoe with 2 12s and 1098 watts clamped, so for the power thats sounds about right.

1999 tahoe

eclipse 8448

4 battcap 800s

autotek mx5000

2 american bass xfl's ...more to come

thats a decent number, but i think you need to do a little more testing/tuning. I hit a 144.9 in a 1999 tahoe with 2 12s and 1098 watts clamped, so for the power thats sounds about right.

With this set up on a Rockford Fosgate T10001bd amp I did a 145.7db and did a lot of upgrades to get to 148.1. Still wanting to get to 150db at some point

• 2 weeks later...

I bumped the power up to 1340 clamped and hit a 145.6, im changing from 12's to 15's for this weekends show, will post scores and clamped power!!

1999 tahoe

eclipse 8448

4 battcap 800s

autotek mx5000

2 american bass xfl's ...more to come

funny wave form is because he has 2 12s and 2 15s

they will never move the same amount at the same time, so maybe thats what the waveform will look like when since two different waves are hitting the meter at the same time

u should not have someone in the passanger seat when metering to be most accurate... they take up volume and change ur peak freq usually

one of these days ill go south for a show and see whats up with this surprisingly loud setup

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Archived