Grade my score -- 2700 RMS Clamped  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Grade my Score 148db on 2700 Clamped watts

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Just wanting to get everyone opinion Grading scale style on Getting a 148db on 2700 RMS Clamped. This is on a T40001bd @ 2ohms system specs in sig. Please keep it real :)

Sealed on the dash

erm no E?

:)

Why did they skip E? is there a fundamental reason? like to say you suck so bad we skipped a letter :P

I gave it a C.

it could change depending on what your score on tones and not peak on music.

If you keep that score on music average.. thats better too.

here is some testing to compare yours too, I dont know my clamped power, but its probably less than yours

I gave it a C.

it could change depending on what your score on tones and not peak on music.

If you keep that score on music average.. thats better too.

here is some testing to compare yours too, I dont know my clamped power, but its probably less than yours

I actually scored higher on music, and scored higher with vehicle sealed then open. With the vehicle open I was only getting a 147.5 then sealed was 148 weird.. this did not happen until I did some sound dampening. I will be giving it another go in May.. Ill try a mixture of music and tones. I have switch head units from an Alpine CDA9856 to the Rockford Deck which has seem to make a difference but I wont be able to find out till I get back on the TL. Definitely sending a lot cleaner signal and system overall sounds a lot better. I did have one of my surrounds tear away from the cone so I had to stop testing but I have got that fixed now.

Will my peak change from music to tones?

By the way fritosaregood that's a hella nice score your getting out of a trunk.

I actually scored higher on music, and scored higher with vehicle sealed then open. With the vehicle open I was only getting a 147.5 then sealed was 148 weird.. this did not happen until I did some sound dampening. I will be giving it another go in May.. Ill try a mixture of music and tones. I have switch head units from an Alpine CDA9856 to the Rockford Deck which has seem to make a difference but I wont be able to find out till I get back on the TL. Definitely sending a lot cleaner signal and system overall sounds a lot better. I did have one of my surrounds tear away from the cone so I had to stop testing but I have got that fixed now.

Will my peak change from music to tones?

By the way fritosaregood that's a hella nice score your getting out of a trunk.

I had a setup in my car before that always metered higher sealed.

Your peak may change when you do tones, Just because the music you use may not peak at your systems actual peak frequency

I just had a 15 have the surround start to separate from a cone, thats why i had those 12s in. Not sure what you used, but i used some 5 min epoxy and it is holding great.

I had a setup in my car before that always metered higher sealed.

Your peak may change when you do tones, Just because the music you use may not peak at your systems actual peak frequency

I just had a 15 have the surround start to separate from a cone, thats why i had those 12s in. Not sure what you used, but i used some 5 min epoxy and it is holding great.

That song in the vid I used two seperate times on the meter. Last time I did a 145.7 on a T10001bd and it peaked at 48hz that was on dash with driver door open and I scored lower sealed. Then the sound deadening, Bats, Alt, T40001bd @ 2ohm and Same song gets a 148db at 44hz sealed.

Ill have to look at the package at what I used to reseal my surround but it was a clear epoxy that was made for all types of materials.. it worked really well and it holding up to a pounding.

That song in the vid I used two seperate times on the meter. Last time I did a 145.7 on a T10001bd and it peaked at 48hz that was on dash with driver door open and I scored lower sealed. Then the sound deadening, Bats, Alt, T40001bd @ 2ohm and Same song gets a 148db at 44hz sealed.

Ill have to look at the package at what I used to reseal my surround but it was a clear epoxy that was made for all types of materials.. it worked really well and it holding up to a pounding.

Have you run any type of sweep to see where it peaks at?

Archived