Sonic Electronix

caps are worthless in my opinion

just go with the big III first and then if that doesnt do a good enough job id put in a battery

but in your case you said you have a truck?

so for room wise and since you will prolly upgrade later go with the alt

lol, caps dont suck, i had one in my setup when i had my honda

i had 2 mtx 4500 1544's ran to a mtx 500d with soundquest 4guage wire and a stinger 1f cap, and i had a 2ohm stable amp wired to 1ohm

and even at full tilt with headlights on and on bright my voltage never dropped below 14.3v and thats with stock alt and no big three

so caps have a place in some systems, i kno it helped my truck out a good bit

if caps were so bad they would stop makeing them, they work but not for big setups, there good for setups below 1000rms, i had my cap hooked up in my truck befor i got my battery

but from what the other ppl are saying is that if u spend $150 for a good cap u could get a good battery for same price, thats why they say there not worth it cause ur just gunna upgrade from what u get now, i dunno how much shit ive went threw so far lol

but i would go with a secondary battery like the hc600 or hc800, and then when u upgrade ur wire to 0guage u could prolly run bout 2200-2500w off that setup, then u can upgrade ur alt and what knot, big 3, and so on

ive spend thousands of $'s in stereo shit threw the yrs n still aint truly satisfied, but i guess it keeps me out of bad stuff so its a plus lol

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

ok.

this setup will be all i can fit in this truck. its a regular cab ford ranger. the 8"s are as deep as i can go. so i will not be able to upgrade from here with this truck.

so hould i just geta second bat??? or a cap??? it will be about 1000-1100 rms total.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.asp?cat_id=2&series_id=282&family_id=283&item_id=112089&locale=en_US&p_status=

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.asp?cat_id=2&series_id=6&family_id=20&item_id=108228&locale=en_US&p_status=

bassin' in a reg cab ranger, thats whats up.

lol, caps dont suck, i had one in my setup when i had my honda

i had 2 mtx 4500 1544's ran to a mtx 500d with soundquest 4guage wire and a stinger 1f cap, and i had a 2ohm stable amp wired to 1ohm

and even at full tilt with headlights on and on bright my voltage never dropped below 14.3v and thats with stock alt and no big three

so caps have a place in some systems, i kno it helped my truck out a good bit

if caps were so bad they would stop makeing them, they work but not for big setups, there good for setups below 1000rms, i had my cap hooked up in my truck befor i got my battery

but from what the other ppl are saying is that if u spend $150 for a good cap u could get a good battery for same price, thats why they say there not worth it cause ur just gunna upgrade from what u get now, i dunno how much shit ive went threw so far lol

but i would go with a secondary battery like the hc600 or hc800, and then when u upgrade ur wire to 0guage u could prolly run bout 2200-2500w off that setup, then u can upgrade ur alt and what knot, big 3, and so on

ive spend thousands of $'s in stereo shit threw the yrs n still aint truly satisfied, but i guess it keeps me out of bad stuff so its a plus lol

Um, because they can make them for very little and sell them for far too much. It's all about money for most big companies.

O/P You shouldn't even need another battery, 500 watts on a 110 amp alt should be fine IMO. I got 3Kw off a 110 amp alt and I only drop from 14.4 to 13.X.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

You might just need a new battery under the hood and big 3 upgrade, on that amount power you shouldn't get dimming unless your batterys going bad.

Build log: Click

03 Chevy Blazer

- IPad Air 2 

- ALPINE Head Unit

- 4 DC XL 18s

- 2 DC 3.5k

- ALPINE TYPE R 5.25 COMP

- 3 ALPINE TYPE R 6.5 COMPs

- DC 175.4

- DC HO Alt

- D3400

- 4 XP3000s

- KNU 0ga

- 60 SqFt Damp Pro

Lots more...

so no one thinks i need a bat or alt or cap???

i am looking into the big 3 and will probably do that soon.

i am looking for a place out here that sells 0/1 awg and terminals

http://www.audiosavings.com/mainstreet/forms/ms_item_images.aspx?item_guid=ef99ad4d-cbb3-43dc-837c-f9f8dedbb60b&image_guid=

Darvex, and knu will have terminals... get this battery you should be set

2 Fi BTL N2 18s Fully LoadedSundown Audio NS-1Kenwood 845 HU Clarion EQ4 Juicebox 3100sKnu Wire"Big 3"Mechman 270a156.3dBTeam GG.

Archived