Need help chosing touch screen HU

First post on the forums so whats up everyone.

I need help choosing a head unit. I don't want to spend more then $600 on it but can't find shit for help on which ones are actually worth anything. I had the Clarion VZ709 in mind and love the features for the price of only $499 but cannot find ANY information on it. I like Kenwoods but don't like what some of theirs offer. If anyone can help give me some choices or knows anything of the Clarion let me know please. Heres my main list of what it has to have. And thanks

• Motorized flip out monitor
  • Touchscreen
  • FR, RR, SW RCA outputs
  • Detachable face plate
  • Nice UI
  • iPhone controls
  • Make a system sound damn good
  • No off brands
  • <$600

-Robert

edit: may consider double din now. How's the pioneer avh-p4200dvd

Edited by Robert8252

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

soundstream is releasing a 8.3" flipout hu. its going to be ~$600. distributor was just in my shop today talking about how cool it was haha. but it is pretty cool how it works. might be able to find a demo on youtube. its hard to describe the opening mechanism.

unit is VIR-8333NB

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

I'm stuck with a single din in my car. That soundstream looks neat but can't find any info on actual features besides basic basic stuff. Also the price is showing 800+. Obviously that could come down. Others?

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

How is it for making a system sound in general. All speakers and subs are ran off of amps but does the features of it produce good SQ? I haven't used a pioneer HU in a few years and have loved the sound of the Kenwood.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

I'm stuck with a single din in my car. That soundstream looks neat but can't find any info on actual features besides basic basic stuff. Also the price is showing 800+. Obviously that could come down. Others?

So scratch the idea of watching dvd's and go for sound quality.

Alpine CDA-9887.

Really, I've seen so many flip outs jam up over time and become slow and don't have what it takes to push it self out. That's all brands, not just the cheap ones.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

So scratch the idea of watching dvd's and go for sound quality.

Alpine CDA-9887.

Really, I've seen so many flip outs jam up over time and become slow and don't have what it takes to push it self out. That's all brands, not just the cheap ones.

i really have to agree with him on this because i was about to get a flip out but u pay way to much to get the good sound quality out of them, i just bought an alpine cda-117 last weekend and its amazing. i had an alpine cda-9886 prior to that and it just sounds perfect.

1)Alpine CDA-117

1)hifonics brutus bxi 2610

1)hifonics zeus zxi6410

3)Alpine sps-600c

2)Fi BL d1 15s fully loaded