Sonic Electronix

final post (i hope)

it is a combination of that box and the suv's loading which creates a cleaner sound

you see, in the SUV the sound is able to travel to the front while any mechanical noise is filtered out by the seats and other things. so all you hear is bass.

whereas in your car you have a large sub with a fair amount of power. shits gonna shake and you can hear anything mechanical from the sub since it is closer to you. so you hear bass and rattling.

understand?

edit* forgot to metion the boxes.

the box for the comp sub is made for it. made to accentuate its sound and such.

your box is generic and is most likely hurting performance more than helping

Edited by IH8PunkRok

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

buy some sound deadener, apply it to your trunk (lots of it!), and test it out then. i had 2 12"s in a trunk and got loud but messy, lots of Raamat made it sound a looooooot nicer

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

i have had both subs, and for a 8" the logitech gets somewhat loud, and has great SQ. 8-10" subs are really focused on SQ (usually), while bigger subs 12-15" are based more for SPL.

I would get a 10" sub like an Infinity or if you have a big budget get a JL W6 for SQ 10" as well.

I'm not saying that 12" subs can't have good SQ, but for the most part a 12" type R is a SPL sub (unless you purposely set it up for SQ like in a sealed box or something)

F/s: 2 custom made boxes, for 1 12" and 2 12" hit me up I'll let em go cheap

i have had both subs, and for a 8" the logitech gets somewhat loud, and has great SQ. 8-10" subs are really focused on SQ (usually), while bigger subs 12-15" are based more for SPL.

I would get a 10" sub like an Infinity or if you have a big budget get a JL W6 for SQ 10" as well.

I'm not saying that 12" subs can't have good SQ, but for the most part a 12" type R is a SPL sub (unless you purposely set it up for SQ like in a sealed box or something)

:noob::noob: :noob:

and size sub can be a sq sub or an spl sub.

jacob the owner of subdown is doing a 150+ dbs with 2 8s

Logitech uses Tang Band drivers. The 8" in the Z-560's is a pretty capable little driver :) It is an 8 ohm sub.

I have two of them, ran one in my Yukon with a Kicker 750.1 when a bump broke my 15" sub and you'd swear there was a 12 back there.

Anyways its mostly in the install.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

i know im just saying that typically SQ setups use like 10" subs not like 18"

:orly3::orly3::noob:

no way dude tell that to thorhammer hes doing like 150+ with 2 10s dude

like as said before you can use any sub for any installation just gotta know what your doing and the way you make your box....

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.