Sonic Electronix

So, I waited a month or more for my P600 punch amp right. I got my car fixed and I wen't today to go pick it up and I asked them what's the ohms at? He's got the amp set to 4 ohm, and the subs set to 4 ohm. I'm like well can you fix it and set it to 1 ohm? He's like yah we can do it for $40.00 dollars, we'll have to charge you because we have to take the subs out and re wire them and blah blah blah. I'm like, FUCKING BULL SHIT!. At first I didn't believe I was getting ripped off here but after my last visit I've realized they are a bunch of money hungry bastards. So, I'm meeting up with slim8605 today because we both live in the same spot and we figured let's meet up n shit and mayb we can re wire them our selves but i'm pissed off now because that's bull shit. My Subs arent even hitting their peek, my subs are set to 4 ohm because that's what the amp is, so my subs are hitting 500 rms, and at that rate I can't put my volume past 25 with the Bass at +2 without it fucking distorting on me. I'm fucking pissed. In conclusion, I met a dude from term pro who does all his own custom installs, he's gonna hook me up PHAT and for cheap.

FUCK XTREME AUDIO!.

Edited by TwigzTheJuggalo

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

Yea bro just do it yourself...And if shops didnt charge, shops wouldnt exist. Their time is real valuable. $40 for rewiring subs is kinda high tho, especially if they already wired them wrong...That's kinda low.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

Yea bro just do it yourself...And if shops didnt charge, shops wouldnt exist. Their time is real valuable. $40 for rewiring subs is kinda high tho, especially if they already wired them wrong...That's kinda low.

yah, that's what im pissed about cuz their wired wrong and i cant even put out power that is satisfieing. yah, if they didnt charge i understand that but it should be $10 cuz they didnt even fuckin ask me what Ohm I wanted the subs at when I bought them so I found out my subs arent even doing their potential power.

:mad:

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

Dude, its not that big of a deal...

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp

yah, all I gotta do is take out the subs, and the 2nd pair of wiring instead of negative positive i just switch it. so all 4 coils are + - + -.

4 ohm load is + - - +. I'm learning :).

we'll my only other problem is setting the amp to 1 ohm ill figure that out.

thanks guys =).

Edited by TwigzTheJuggalo

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

you cant..you will need 4 subs instead of 2

MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST

2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs

Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB

" Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy

if you got two dual four ohm subs you must wire them either 4ohm or 1ohm if you have just one amp. that RF 600.1bd doesn't go down to 1 ohm stable it will clip. so they really did wire it up correctly. you need to either get one more amp or trade them dual 4ohms in and get dual 2ohm subs. hope this helps.

I got banned for being an ignorant ass....and im a dickhole

i like men, michael jackson and large sausages

the P3's are 4 ohm. The Amp is 4 ohm stable.

yea but you want to get down to 1ohm, and since bassinyoface said your amp isnt 1ohm stable then you would need a different amp

MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST

2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs

Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB

" Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy