What Volume Headunits Clip At

I found a topic on facebook from sound connection inc about decks he tested and here are his results for those who have these decks and were wondering.

ll Kenwood Excelon video head units

Volume 35, all the way up at 1k hertz they have 4.3 volts of pure unclipped output on the front and rear channels.

Volume 35, all the way up at 40 hertz with the sub volume on +2 they have 5.61 volts of pure unclipped output.

These decks are amazing!

Full volume and absolutely no distortion. Please keep in mind these numbers are only RCA outputs and dose not mean your amplifier will be able to handle this much output before it distorts.

Excelon single din head units

3.75 volts at volume 35 1K Front and Rear unclipped

4.01 volts at volume 35 40hz Sub volume +1 unclipped

All filters, eq's, dsp, ect were shut off for testing.

JVC Arsenal single din head units

5.73 volts at volume 48 1k front and rear unclipped

5.40 volts at volume 48 40hz sub volume +8 unclipped

I wouldn't have believed this unless i did the test myself. Also the frequency's are all 0db high bit.

Kenwood regular line single din head units

2.12 volts volume 32 1k front and rear ch unclipped

2.27 volts volume 32 40hz sub vol +1 unclipped

JVC regular line single din head units

2.38 volts volume 47 1k front and rear channels unclipped

2.21 volts volume 47 40hz sub volume +8 unclipped

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Im not sure what model my boys pioneer is but its about 3 years old and it clipped at 61/62

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

I found a topic on facebook from sound connection inc about decks he tested and here are his results for those who have these decks and were wondering.

ll Kenwood Excelon video head units

Volume 35, all the way up at 1k hertz they have 4.3 volts of pure unclipped output on the front and rear channels.

Volume 35, all the way up at 40 hertz with the sub volume on +2 they have 5.61 volts of pure unclipped output.

These decks are amazing!

Full volume and absolutely no distortion. Please keep in mind these numbers are only RCA outputs and dose not mean your amplifier will be able to handle this much output before it distorts.

That's what I wanted to hear. Does anybody else have conformation on this? I've been tuning at 26 volume (~75%) and my gains are a little over half. So if this is true it will be good so I can turn the gains down some. What is the rule of thumb when setting the equalizer?? (ie. how many volume levels down would be max)

i can do 60 out of 62. loud off, settings flat. pioneer deh-p5100ub

This. It clips if I have my eq set, but if i flatten it, and crank it up to 60, it's loud as ballz, but no clipping. Pioneers prob clip @ 45 if you have loud to high, sla to +4, and eq set.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Eclipse CD7200MKii..........i can get full vol out of it 8 0/8 0. Voltage was reading 7.3v. :yahoo:

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Guess we're the regular line jvc owners lol... Thanks finkster

yep yep you da man finky

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

I checked my 9887 today, 50hz tones and eigthty hz tones, didnt see huge clipping at all, only slightly squared waves over 26, but it never worsened as the volume went up, so I just set my amps @ volume 26.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

• 2 months later...

Archived