Second Skin Audio

Aeroport Question

Ok..My next box is going to be roughly the same size as what I have now with the exception that I am going to face the sub forward into the backseat and use External Aeroports through the Rear Deck..The ports are going to direct the air up through the deck and onto my rear glass..I see where parts express sells 4" Aeroports. I am going to build my box using subwoofertools.com box builder..Here is my question..Say I have a 4" Port with 37 inches of port length..All I will have to do is buy enough of the 17" long 4" Aeroports and use enough length to equal 37" ...Right. See the program uses slot ports but if I build the box sealed and just add the 4" ports at the right length should be the same thing right?? Yall tell me how this works...The Ports have to be external so I figured the Aeroports would be Perfect...I want to start on this very soon so yall holla at me..Learn me some stuff about Aeroports as opposed to using the slot ports..

Yeah its my birthday too..Yall send money

Edited by zaxfire69

I need 4 cu ft tuned to 30 hz...Same as what I have now just using the Aero ports..If you need deminsions I can give you what I have to work with now..Thank you..I have had a wonderful b-day..New amp, New shoes, played golf and went out to eat..

Edited by zaxfire69

if ur only using one port, then i get a depth of about 5 inches (somebody check my match on that..i could be wrong)...in which case u dont need any tubing...just attach the flares together (and even that will be a bit longer than 5")

i likes me some audio stuff...

if ur only using one port, then i get a depth of about 5 inches (somebody check my match on that..i could be wrong)...in which case u dont need any tubing...just attach the flares together (and even that will be a bit longer than 5")

i got like 7''

sheephotdog-1.gif logoblack.jpg

1999 Eclipse N/T

12'' Fi BTL

Gp3000d

PM D3100

Well here is what I have to work with..First my current box is 30 inches wide X 16 inches tall X 25 inches deep....With a 4" Port with a port length of 37"'s

Thats using a slotted port design.. That is Sub facing up port facing back... The new box is going to have the sub facing forward with the port blowing through the rear deck..Going to Seal the Trunk off...Thats what I am shooting for...

7" may be the length of 2 aero ports attached end to end, but you do not measure depth that way, its half way thru the aero port, so if an aero port is about 3.5" its more likely about 1.75" deep you are looking at

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

if u are using that 15" in ur sig then i would suggest using 2 aeros..i which case each port needs to be around 16" long (again..check my math..lol..may be a few inches off)...that is if they are mounted externally like u said

i likes me some audio stuff...

happy birth day also ;-)

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.