Sonic Electronix

Alpine amp is cooking hot..?

But I have to wire them to come out as 1 set of wires instead of 2? Don't really want wires visible in the port going to the other sub..

2003 Ford Crown Victoria P71

2 12" Kicker CVX's

Audiopipe AP15001d

Stinger SR80 Isolator with DieHard 1200CCA battery

Streetwires 0awg

Secondary - 1998 Ford Expedition XLT

But I have to wire them to come out as 1 set of wires instead of 2? Don't really want wires visible in the port going to the other sub..

Take the woofers out of the box, wire them using the link, then put them back in. Easy :)

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Take the woofers out of the box, wire them using the link, then put them back in. Easy :)

aaall right thanks for the help.

2 12" Kicker CVX's

Audiopipe AP15001d

Streetwires 0awg

mounting it flat will cause the amp to get hot. if you mount it on the back of a seat or on your box it will run much cooler. i have an alpine mrp-f300 and that seems to be the case for me.

that makes no sense... that is how the amp is suppose to be (flat), the heat sinks work best when the amp is flat....more surface area for the heat to cover....which in turn means a lower temperature....if you mount it up and down then the heat rises to a very small heat sink area causing the amp to not cool properly

2 18" dc lvl 5s with extra spider

1 Crescendo bc5500

4 g31 batteries

Dual dc power alternator kit

Youtbe: http://www.youtube.com/user/hulbert87

all the MRP series ive seen have been just warm to the touch, ive even seen them below ohm load doing fine at ~1ohm

We sell/install a lot of the MRP series also. Never have an issue, even the 2000s stay pretty cool.

jesus fucking christ...people figure out the ohm loads of your subs before you just toss them on an amp.

after this whole thread come to find out the problem is you had no idea what you were doing when you wired it or whomever wired it....ALWAYS check your wiring

LMAO!!

jesus fucking christ...people figure out the ohm loads of your subs before you just toss them on an amp.

after this whole thread come to find out the problem is you had no idea what you were doing when you wired it or whomever wired it....ALWAYS check your wiring

Really man?

1997 Chevy Cheyenne Single Cab

Pioneer DEH-3200UB

Two sets of Orion 6.5" Components In Each Door

AudioQue HDC3 15"

^^^ Its all For Sale!!!!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/99546-lots-to-sale-good-prices/ ^^^ AQ2200D

Wow, such a flexy beast(see what i did there lol)

oh for the record James, the amp STILL overheats even after the impedance has been resolved, ground re-done, rca's swapped, and... yeah.

2 12" Kicker CVX's

Audiopipe AP15001d

Streetwires 0awg

Archived