Second Skin Audio

6000 Watts And A Blowthrough...what To Do?

I KNOW that doing a blowthrough is going to be risky and tough but I'm willing to try it. My question though is what type of blowthrough will yeild a louder db? I was thinking of taking 2 sealed boxes (w/ maybe 2 15's in each), facing them towards each other and porting them into the cab.

How loud will that be vs. any other kind of setup?

The one you suggested is probably the most popular way of doing it, & will yield a high SPL no doubt with 4 15"s.

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

I have 6000 watts, the electrical to support it and i'm LOOKING to do a blowthrough. My question is will this satisfy me?

I'm looking at a couple different options...

1)4 15" Fi Q (or Bl) vs. 4 15" Fi BTL

I don't know which ones because yeah the BTL is supposed to be louder but they wouldn't get the full 2000 watts they say, I'd only be given em 1500 apiece

2)Should I do 15"s or 18"s? I know 18"s are louder but will it be THAT much of a difference. Besides...I think I have the smallest amount of watts on this forum. Will I be doing those 18s (or 15s for that matter) any justice?

3)As far as the blowthrough goes I was looking at 2 sealed boxes facing each other and porting it into the cab. Is this louder or would "subs up port back" be louder? I just don't see how I can make this work.

Pics of said truck? Go with the BL's if you're using that wattage.

Edited by BassJunkie

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

6k watts is not anything to be ashamed of, thats a crapload of power for sure. Try to aim the subs forward if you have enough mounting area, if not, do a clamshell type box. You can get intricate with it and design it to be a sixth order series tuned bandpass box if youd like. And I'd go with 2 BTL 18's or 4 BL 15's. The 15's would probably get louder. Either way the box size would be about the same.

As for the actual blowthru, I've never done one so I'm not too sure on the specifics.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

I merged your threads since they were pretty much on the same topic man, so don't freak out k? B)

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

hey man, keep it ballsy, yet simple, use those mojos in a bandpass design, use each 15 on either side in about 3cf sealed firing in to a 5/6cf ported box, and use the largest port possible to fire in the cab... all you would have to cut thru is the port... box in the bed, glass it, then rhino line it, then clear coat it, maybe a big 10" PVC port for the blow thru... thats what I would do

:D

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

ok so i plan on a blow thru also, but im kinda scrrrrddddd!!!!!!!!!! cause imma have to cut a huge chunk out of my bed and cab, but what foreverbumpn is sayin is to just have the box in the bed and only have the port commin into the cab???? wil this work??? so id just have to cut a hole or two for some areo ports comming into the cab????? will it be loud?? i have 1 loaded 18" BTL