Anyone here every use EBC braking systems

I've seen them advertise on PowerBlock (Spike TV), and wanted to know more about them. I'm looking to replace my rotors and pads but can't really afford those Wilwood or Baer big kits. Granted my suburban stock right now can support up to 22's without issue, since I'm going 26's I want to make sure I can stop. Doesn't have to be stop on a dime, but can't be stopping on 20 yards either. So any of you guys out there messed with EBC before? Looks like they have direct factory bolt on Slotted rotors and brake pads for my truck. And O'Reilly's carries the brand.

Here is their site:

EBC

These are the rotors I'm looking at getting:

USR Slot Rotors

Edited by pervitizm

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

bump

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

U don't have money to buy better brakes but ur buying new rims lol but those breaks work a lill better then stock

He's not the only person to ever do this. You are probably a member of the rolling stock club. most big brake kits are more than the rims are and won't even fit a standard wheel. You either need to buy both at the same time or buy the wheels first. Even meade rolled stock breaks for awhile.

Edited by n8ball2013

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

U don't have money to buy better brakes but ur buying new rims lol but those breaks work a lill better then stock

Those new rims are in layaway. Have been since march, I'm paying on them as we speak. I would love to go with Baer or Wilwood big break kits, but I just don't have an extra $6K laying around. Beside those kits will cost almost $2K more than what I'm paying for the wheels. I figured that this would be the next best thing, and since my stock rotors are capable of handling 22's I figured a nice new rotor set all around and new pads would hold me over till I can go with the big break kit sometime next year.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Hey Rob562,

Did you also go with their brake pads as well? What about the calibers, did you keep the stock ones or did you change those out too?

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes