Explorer Sport Build: Dual alts, 8 12s, 3400 watts, 154 DB!!!

so u removed ur radiator overflow tank removed cruise control and wiper fluid tank... WHY..

maybe u found smaller tanks or something.. but why go thru all that work for a battery? i wouldnt lose cruise control for a fuckn battery.. thats why there is room in back for the such..

dont take this as a bash or however.. i simply wanna know how and what u replaced to do this

so u removed ur radiator overflow tank removed cruise control and wiper fluid tank... WHY..

maybe u found smaller tanks or something.. but why go thru all that work for a battery? i wouldnt lose cruise control for a fuckn battery.. thats why there is room in back for the such..

dont take this as a bash or however.. i simply wanna know how and what u replaced to do this

So I got a smaller tank for my overflow and cruise control is still in and working. I just had to unmount it from the fender and move it towards the engine. Hard to see in the pics. The only thing I lost was the washer fluid which wasn't a big deal to me. I would put it in the back except when i had the 8 10s there was just no room anywhere. However now I'm working on a way to either put some batts over the wheel well or one in the rear compartment on the pass side. I understand what youre saying about removing all that stuff for a batt. But at the time that's what I had to do to make it work

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

I would have done it, cause my cruise control dont work lol, Looks good, what are you running now?

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

I would have done it, cause my cruise control dont work lol, Looks good, what are you running now?

right now im running a Sonic Soundlabs SS-X 18 on a memphis pr1.500d at 1ohm. ill be getting more power with my return and prolly finish my 15s and get that installed. to check that build click my link in my sig

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

okay guys so you may not have seen my build with the Sonic Soundlabs SS-x 18, but thats currently what im running. this thread needs some serious updating.... so ive got the ss 18 in there on a memphis pr1.500d at 1 ohm. it sounds pretty good but the woofer really wants more power. so now im prepping for a bigger amp. Link to SS 18 build

i pulled my second d6500 from the front and relocated it to the rear pass side, theres a small cubby hole there for the factory subwoofer in the jbl systems. mine now has a big batt which is wayyy cooler imo. heres some updated pics for you guys.

IMAG0020.jpg

IMAG0021.jpg

IMAG0025.jpg

IMAG0024.jpg

IMAG0023.jpg

IMAG0022.jpg

the amp rack will be done tomorrow. so expect updates tomorrow night!

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

heres some pics of the sonic soundlabs ss-x 18 box build.

5da32f7f.jpg

2662aaa8.jpg

df75dacb.jpg0ec964b0.jpg3dda5924.jpgbc2cfcd3.jpgaf4bed89.jpg

and finally in the car. box fits perfect. its no taller then the seats so if i load the woofer normal it should look pretty good.

a7ad7c36.jpge538bf45.jpg70921576.jpg

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

Here's current pics of the 18.

IMG_0539.jpg

Check out that flush mount. Their website says 18.3" for overall diameter. I didn't measure it and cut out for 18.5". With the gasket it's a tight fit. But is perfect when it's in.

IMG_0540.jpg

IMG_0541.jpg

and a quick vid

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

Archived