Sundown Audio

Direct Sunlight....

drlovebangin318s

You won't have an amp for very long I'll tell you that much.

But before its stolen, itll just heat up a lot more than it would normally.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

Guest dropthabeat.com

of course it would, it would stay constantly hot from the sun like everything else in your car. just cool as you would with the ac on for a while first. limo tint will help too.

Are you saying that you don't have any other room in your trunk for the amp to be mounted? Are you sure you couldnt make a side piece for one side of your trunk and then mount the amp to that like this? This is in my car

"Before"

Image3-2.jpg

"After"

Image5j.jpg

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.8L V6 -- CB Radio with PA speaker

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

Coming soon: Bigger Highs Amp, Power inverter

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

I would strongly recommend avoiding the entire rear deck if at all possible.

Your drawing indicates that you are nearly making an oven which will help trap heat.

The rear window will get very hot (especially with black tint), the rear deck will get hot and most certainly, the amp will also get hot.

Heat is the enemy for amps and you are creating a perfect scenario for a major thermal problem.

If the amp doesn't thermal out, you are loosing energy and wearing out the amp.

Try your best to get it away from the window and direct or near direct sunlight and heat exposure.

mine is mounted on my back seat. sometimes when i put my seat down and forget about it, the amp gets freakin hott as hell. i definitely wouldnt expose to direct sunlight constantly...it would never be able to get cool...just a bad idea.

i likes me some audio stuff...

Archived