Sonic Electronix

Its a Massive brand, it was posted up on SMD a few times. I know its in the 2k price range

But its the dual coil, dual gap design, spider on the bottom

The electromagnetic concept isn't that good, thats why it was used long time ago

There is 2 ways to do this, and either way is impractical

1 VC outside a smaller vc, tight gap, the coil on the outside doesn't move, but receives the opposite current the moving coil receives

This would be inefficient, this way, you would probably have a subwoofer that has a eff of like 70-75db 1 watt 1 meter

and then need twice as much power as any other woofer to get to be even usable really

Then you have the actual electromagnet concept

Say you have 120v going to the electromagnet, then 2000watts going to the voice coil

well, it would work, but imagine all the power supplies running to just get a coil to move, wattage, plus voltage, amplifiers, plus power converters

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Has anyone ever made a DC lvl5 sized magnet out of neodymium iron boron magnets? This ferrite stuff (Iron and ceramic or something like that) is old and boring, and cheap. If no one has, how much would it cost to do so?

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Has anyone ever made a DC lvl5 sized magnet out of neodymium iron boron magnets? This ferrite stuff (Iron and ceramic or something like that) is old and boring, and cheap. If no one has, how much would it cost to do so?

OVER 9000!

I found this quote of the Adire audio parthenon very intresting...

"A single driver existed that could displace the same amount of air as thirteen JL Audio 13W7's"

And damn the Parthenon, looks really sexy and with a xmax of 72mm it is just insane.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

if the voice coil moves due to the magnetic field changing (based on the magnet) what if the voice coil were not an electromagnet and the magnet were an electromagnet and it was energized to move the coil up and down?

I found this quote of the Adire audio parthenon very intresting...

"A single driver existed that could displace the same amount of air as thirteen JL Audio 13W7's"

And damn the Parthenon, looks really sexy and with a xmax of 72mm it is just insane.

Heck yeah, it's amazing, especially with a rear excursion limit of 173mm (or 100 and something) and theoretically unlimited forwards excursion! Lets get some magnets from http://unitednuclear.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=70_71 and make one!

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

Be careful with neo's... if you have two the size of the palm of your hand and roughly 1" thick they have capability to crush your hand...

Thanks on identifying that, Forevrbumpn, now just gotta find better pictures of it.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Be careful with neo's... if you have two the size of the palm of your hand and roughly 1" thick they have capability to crush your hand...

Thanks on identifying that, Forevrbumpn, now just gotta find better pictures of it.

Yeah, I know how lethal they are, you'd probably have to shield the magnet otherwise it would kill people/break lots of stuff.

Still, someone needs to try it..

as long as you kept thick metal objects 10 feet away you'd be fine (need thickness or your magnetism is weak).

I'm sure it would get good pull to the frame of the car though lol ;)

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.