but the harness isn't wired to the amp no? except the remote wire and yea you should check that if you haven't...

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-Alpine KTP-445 Power Pack

-Polk Audio db6501 (front components)

-Polk Audio db651 (back coaxials)

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Custom box tuned to 33Hz

- Kinetik HC1400

- 50 ft2 of Audio Technix sound deadner

- Big 3

My photography page

i thought too, havent had a chance to check it yet

what would i be looking for if it is the remote wire? ?

Alpine CDA-9886

2x DC lvl4 15s

SoundStream PCA2000D

6 cubic feet

tuned 32hz

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

Did you not install the HU? my alpine's remote wire is blue and it should be connected to the amp if it turns off/on with the HU or it'll be cut off it you have it wired to a switch. but honestly I can't see how that would be causing that... :shrug: but no harm in checking...

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Kinetik HC1400

- Big 3

My photography page

oh no i did

i thought you were saying to check the remote for grounding issues?

Alpine CDA-9886

2x DC lvl4 15s

SoundStream PCA2000D

6 cubic feet

tuned 32hz

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

Try hooking the h/u up to another battery in the car and see if that changes anything, jizazz12 asked that back a few posts ago. Is the h/u grounded to the chassis or are you just using the wiring harness for all the connections, if your not grounding the h/u you really might want to do that to either a part of the metal under the dash or somewhere on the firewall.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Try hooking the h/u up to another battery in the car and see if that changes anything, jizazz12 asked that back a few posts ago. Is the h/u grounded to the chassis or are you just using the wiring harness for all the connections, if your not grounding the h/u you really might want to do that to either a part of the metal under the dash or somewhere on the firewall.

well theres a ground from the chassis to the harness

but thats it

Alpine CDA-9886

2x DC lvl4 15s

SoundStream PCA2000D

6 cubic feet

tuned 32hz

you sure there's nothing wrong with the settings on the HU itself like you have an EQ messed up or something idk just throwing that out there... :shrug: lol

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Kinetik HC1400

- Big 3

My photography page

dude...if thats whats wrong im gonna kick myself in the forehead. vids promised lol

but i had my bud over the other day just checkin stuff out and when we turn it up

the amp slowly goes into protect when the beat hits

both power and protect lights are on, but only after the beat hits

Alpine CDA-9886

2x DC lvl4 15s

SoundStream PCA2000D

6 cubic feet

tuned 32hz

• 2 weeks later...

anybody?

Alpine CDA-9886

2x DC lvl4 15s

SoundStream PCA2000D

6 cubic feet

tuned 32hz

Have you checked the gain on your amp, if you're going into protect and hearing popping noises it sounds like you are clipping the signal or dont have the electrical to backup the amp you're running

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?