$?

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

$330 plus shipping from the website.

Did shipping rape you?

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

It seems the profiteers have made it to this thread as well. I have nothing against these guys but, before I get shut down I'd like everyone to know that I am in no way shape or form a part of SPL-Labs employee or representative or organizing the SSA group buy or profiting from it. I came across this meter on the net, on this site as a matter of fact. I asked some questions around the forums and decided to be the guinea pig. I bought one and am here to give an impartial review. If it works and is accurate cool. If it sucks at least we all know before blowing some cash. I'm just trying to do my part for the community that gave me so much.

Onebadmonte has no affiliations.

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

Anybody want to know about the instructions? Hehe, I know, I know, who cares, you all want vids. I'll get to it I promise. Let me go over the instructions first, this is very important. Firstly, this will establish that I know what I'm doing. Secondly, everyone who buys one will have some thing to refer to because it didn't come with any! Wonk, wonk, wonk. :(

I contacted SPL-Labs about this. Their response, it's a new product and they are still working on translating an instruction manual. Not to worry they gave me the DL on how it works and what the buttons do. So here we go.

FUNCTIONS

Let's have a look at the user interface.

DSC01308.jpg

The blue buttons are multifunctional. The primary function is described above the button, the secondary is described below the button.

To get the show started press the red power button. The read LED next to the button will turn on. This is the startup menu.

DSC01310.jpg

After a second or two the unit is ready to measure. The screen looks like this.

DSC01311.jpg

Let's take a closer look at the blue button functions now.

Peak Hold - This function is normally off. Press the Peak Hold button to change to Peak Hold measurements. What this means is that the meter will register the highest db reading and at what frequency this was accomplished at. Press it again to exit Peak Hold measuring and return to continuous measuring. This is what the screen looks like measuring in Peak Hold. Note the M next to the P.

DSC01312.jpg

PH Reset - Press this button during Peak Hold measuring to clear the previous measurement and prepare the meter for a new measurement.

Light - Press once to turn on the LCD display back lighting. Press once more to turn it off. It's of the electroluminescent variety.

Calibration - Let's get into calibration. I know this is considered taboo, but let me tell you, this is pretty straight forward. Lets get started. Press the calibration button. This will bring up the calibration menu. It looks like this.

DSC01314.jpg

The default is 0.0 The K stands for constant. What's going to happen is this K value is either going to be added or subtracted to the actual measurement. Here's how you adjust the K value, or more commonly know as calibrating the meter? Once in the calibration menu the blue button's secondary functions are active. Now we can calibrate / adjust the K value. To do this press the + (Peak Hold) or - (Light) buttons. The meter can be calibrated plus or minus 10db in 0.1 increments. This is what an adjusted calibration menu looks like.

DSC01315.jpg

To store the calibration in memory press the Save (Calibration) button. You will get a "Saved" prompt. Then the meter will return to the measurement screen. Note: Turning off the meter does not reset the calibration. Removing the batteries does not reset the calibration. The calibration has to be reset manually through the calibration menu.

The "Saved" prompt.

DSC01318.jpg

I would like everyone to notice once the meter has been calibrated there will be a period, or dot if you prefer, next to the P. Like this:

DSC01317.jpg

To exit the calibration menu with out saving press the Exit (PH Reset) button.

So far so good. Next will be software installation. Stay tuned

Archived