Okay, lets take a look at the software. It's called SPL Lab Viewer, and well, it does just that. It allows you to see what the LCD bass meter is reading on your computer monitor. In addition to seeing the numeric measurement you also get to see a graphical representation of the measurement in the form of a continuously adjusting bar graph.

Lets get started by loading up the software. Pop the CD into your disk drive and open to see the contents of the disk. It should look like this.

CD.jpg

Click on the SPL Lab Viewer folder and drag it to a convenient location on you computer. I put it on my desktop. That's it, software loaded. :)

In addition to loading the software you'll need to plug in the LCD Bass meter, via the USB cable, into you PC. Once you do a driver will automatically will down load to you PC for the LCD Bass Meter to work with your PC.

Now we can take a look at SPL Viewer. Open the SPL Lab Viewer folder and double click the SPL-viewer application. You should get this.

SPLViewer.jpg

Please note the Utilities button and the Play/Stop button.

Lets get started to measure.

Power up the LCD Bass Meter with either a pair of AA batteries or the supplied cigarette lighter power cable. Connect the pressure sensor to the Meter with the supplied mini jack cable. Position the sensor. Now let's connect the meter to the PC. The USB Tx LED on your meter should blink a few times, it is establishing communication with your PC. With SPL Veiwer open, click on the utilities button. The utilities menu will open and a device will be available to select. It will look something like this.

selectdevice.jpg

Click apply. Then press the play/stop button. You are officially measuring.

SPLViewerinaction.jpg

Pop in the SPL Labs CD in to your player and select the appropriate tracks to take some measurements.

Congratulations.

Stay tuned for more. Thanks for looking

Here it is everybody. First, a big thanks to BigJon. Apperantly the Term-Lab is a rare creature around these parts in Texas. Tell me what you think.

Meters were on the windshield on the passenger side. Here's a pic, sorry about the glare.

DSC01324.jpg

We metered BigJon's Navigator, 2 15" Nightshades and a SAZ3000. Just pics, had some technical difficulties with the video.

TL score

DSC01333.jpg

LCD Bass Meter Score

DSC01334.jpg

Meter locations

DSC01335.jpg

Let me here your thoughts.

VERY nice review bro...thanks for taking the time to write all that! I got rid of the "profiteers" lol - but ya very interesting read. :drink40:

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

looks good. seems pretty actuate. yes i know its no term lab, but hey you get what you pay for. that's pretty close and for someone just playing around, that would work for me. thanks for putting in the time.

reaper.png

was beening a noob and did not look at the 1st page

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think you are getting enough credit!!!!!! This was an absolutly amazing review and it helped a bunch of people out! AWESOME times 10 dude. JW If you can just get the computer software,cables,and mic? Is that handheld reader an extra or is that just how that meter is sold. And IMO i think this meter is better. It gives you a 1.0 DB lower reading so your always trying to inprove! HAHA. How much is this meter and where can i get it?

I don't think you are getting enough credit!!!!!! This was an absolutly amazing review and it helped a bunch of people out! AWESOME times 10 dude. JW If you can just get the computer software,cables,and mic? Is that handheld reader an extra or is that just how that meter is sold. And IMO i think this meter is better. It gives you a 1.0 DB lower reading so your always trying to inprove! HAHA. How much is this meter and where can i get it?

x2

So what hz range will it meter? All the way or just low end?

How do you know how to calibrate it if your using it to see how loud your system is? lol

It seems pretty accurate though compared to the TL which is more expensive. Do you have to calibrate TL too?

JVC AVX-44 and 360.2

Subs: 2 RF T1 12s 1ohm mono off a RF T1500bdcp 80hz \/ in a 2.3cube 45hz slot port

Mids: 2 O2 8's off a Punch 550.2 behind seat, 2 Image Cxs 6.5's and 2 ID XS 6x9s 80-3khz in doors on a T600.2

Highs: 2 ID CD.1 MH HLCD 8ohm off a RF 400.4 3khz /\

Apparently I wasn't considered one of the "profiteers" since Steve left my posts, and I appreciate that.

I posted a link on the first page to the SSA thread where you can get in the group buy for these meters. I'm not going to be in the group buy because I don't have a system at the moment and won't for awhile, and I do not post at or have anything to do with SSA. I only posted it for people who are interested and wanted to get a cheaper price than what the SPL Lab website says.

I think this is a great meter, and I'll say it again: from the videos I've seen, .1 dB off is nothing, especially for the price difference. It really bothers me that some people are still going to say it's not a legit score even after multiple videos have been posted of the dB variance. Face it: it's legit, and it's a lot cheaper. From what I've seen, it's even .1 dB lower than a TL, so you can add .1 to the score if you want to give someone a hard time about it not being from a TL.

Great review, man. Whenever I get another system, I'll have to pick up one of these, even though it'll be well after the group buy is over at SSA. I would encourage others to pick one up if you have some cash so we can see more scores from members!

Archived