07 TBSS Fi Team 18's B-Walled 4th

Which of course Ill make lol.

And if you guys were curious. Each sub is going to have right around 5 cubes after displacements. And its tuned to 33 using 12in per cubic foot. Box should be done tomorrow- paint/whatever were doing to it.

Rob, I think im almost more excited to get this done than you are lol. :clapping::woot:

Hell yea as long as the box doesn't weigh 200lbs like yours ;)

I normally don't get excited until I can see the end of a project and right now I don't see it haha. Hopefully this forking rain lets up so we can paint later...

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Not much to report, but we did a ton of work 2 hours of which I spent cleaning out the garage since it was covered in MDF. I also putty'd up the box to keep busy. Once Slappin (Brad) got here shit got cookin. As usual he got way more done than I did... Oh and I drilled a hole in the forking back seat being a lazy ass. All I had to do was step out of the truck, but no, I had to do it on the seat and for the first time ever I nailed my seat... Oh well, just looks like a burn hole <_<

4 channel in, but still not mounted or sorted out yet but it's all hooked up (this pic was from early in the day). It's under the passenger seat.

CIMG0933.JPG

HU installed (with toggle for DVD playback & USB in glove box).

CIMG0934.JPG

While I was putting the doors back together up front and getting ready to mount the mids in the back doors this showed up

CIMG0936.JPG

170 sqft of Second Skin Pro (B stock)

So that meant the passanger door had to come back off to skin it.

CIMG0937.JPG

CIMG0938.JPG

CIMG0940.JPG

All in all we were able to get all of the doors done (speaker wise) and just have to re-pull the driver door to skin it. It screams!

The plan is to only skin the outside door skin and use the factory padding on the interior of the doors (it's pretty thick). If that doesn't work out there is plenty of skin to do the interior as well.

Iraggi's should be here tomorrow!

Pioneer X8500
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Good Looking Build. Like those TBSS A lot

Pretty nice

Thanks guys!

I'm starting to get excited now, it struck me once the HU was in and started to hear music. Maybe today we will be able to put the interior back together, finish mounting the xovers for the rears, mount the amp, and run power to the rear. Then all that will be left is to install the alts, batts, make an amp rack, install the 4Ks, and play! We won't be making the box pretty until we hear it.

EDIT: Alts will be here today for sure :drink40:

DETROIT, MI, US 05/13/2010 5:15 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY

Pioneer X8500
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Thanks guys!

I'm starting to get excited now, it struck me once the HU was in and started to hear music. Maybe today we will be able to put the interior back together, finish mounting the xovers for the rears, mount the amp, and run power to the rear. Then all that will be left is to install the alts, batts, make an amp rack, install the 4Ks, and play! We won't be making the box pretty until we hear it.

EDIT: Alts will be here today for sure :drink40:

DETROIT, MI, US 05/13/2010 5:15 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY

Looking good bro , post a vid when you finish , im going to stay tuned most defintely

No I don't, it's on the patio under 2 covers right now to make room in the garage for the TB, I'm going to do another log for it after this boy is done. My subs are shot (not the W3's holding up the SMD, another set of 3 W6s) in it so it's due for a new sub and a new box.

you can store it here until the tb is done.......you know i am fully insured

It's hard to tell, but on the second fitting the sub bottomed out and well it doesn't even move anymore. SMD 1... JL 0

CIMG0930.JPG

Here was a test fit of the box before we slap on the bottom. Yea I know it's above the windows. I'm not out to compete, just enjoy the beat and spread it around. Should that change we'll have to make up a shorter box.

CIMG0931.JPG

Packed up and that was all she wrote for today. Tomorrow I finish mounting the mids in the doors and figure out where I'm going to put the 2nd set of tweets. They will more than likely just go flush in the back doors, but not sure yet might go up front. After that Slappin should be by and we will get the box cleaned up, braced, and put the bottom on.

Alts and Second Skin should be in by the end of the week. Hopefully it's all done by then so all I have to do is rip out the headlines, carpet, doors, deaden it, and hook up the alts. Very ambisous schedule, but who knows... :nea:

lol i have 2 12" and 3 10" JL audios and only blow one of the 10"s the rest i keep blowin the dust caps off so they kinda suck ass good pic smd sud dominating the JL

Archived