Jump to content

07 TBSS Fi Team 18's B-Walled 4th


Recommended Posts

Posted

Thanks man! Worse part is with that amp its always been running at 4ohm too... I would hate to see how hot it gets at 2ohm (rated). I had a tweeter that has been screwed up for awhile which I know just makes matters worse. Once I get off my lazy ass and get some tweets and retune that amp I hope its better. Luckily i's right next to my rear AC floor vent so its easier to cool down ;)

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

  • 1 month later...
Posted

Just remembered today when I went out to charge my batteries before I head down to OH that ahhh... I never did re-add the 2 frame grounds in the front I had taken off of the bus so I banged that out real quick (back to 4 in the front)... I can't believe how much wire I have laying around wtf.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Posted

send me some wire, thanks!

2 Fi BTL N2 18s Fully LoadedSundown Audio NS-1Kenwood 845 HU Clarion EQ4 Juicebox 3100sKnu Wire"Big 3"Mechman 270a156.3dBTeam GG.

Posted

send me some wire, thanks!

If you were down here I would have brought you some on the cheap ;) I collected it for awhile because sooner or later you need it and it isn't like it goes bad. Any time I saw someone selling 10'+ for $2 a foot I bought it. :D

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

  • 4 weeks later...
Posted

Boom boom... Subs are just now breaking in...

Man my roof wangs FTMFL... Come spring it's new components and slap some more crap on the roof up front, only 1-2 layers there, behind that there's 6 (hence why there is so little flex not 12" back).

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

  • 4 weeks later...
Posted

Man down!

Went to get a coffee and crank it up for about 20 seconds and bam subs go out. First thought is "FIRE!" so I pulled over, turn off the truck, and run to the back and the one amp is smoking like a mad man just pouring out. I grabbed my tools (lesson to everyone with more power than brains) and start yanking fuses, power, etc. After it was sorted out I continued on my way and got my coffee then headed home (maybe 8 blocks round trip). So the top amp was obviously smoked so I started to check stuff... Fuses, grounds, ohm load, etc. and nothing... No issues at all so I think that faint smell I thought I smelled a long, long time ago was actually a minor melt down and this was the full blown melt down. :pardon: The other amp is fine... It's been looking like rain for awhile (raining on and off) so I didn't want to push it by going through the trouble of yanking both amps, but I'm going to check on the other one (visual) as soon as the weather permits, but it still works.

I took some vids with my FlipHD, but now it won't turn on and I can't find the jackass cable for my camera so waiting for my phone to finish uploading to show off the damage. Like my amp blowing up wasn't bad enough now all my cams are on strike too? psh

Strange thing is (aside from taking the screws out of the amp and it not moving cause it was stuck to the vinyl)... It's not that much less volume wise. Yea it doesn't "getcha" now, but I sure as HELL don't hear a 4000 watt difference (going from around 6k to less than 2k). I bet there has been something wrong with this POS for a long time... It's the one where way WAY back when it was shooting current through the case (not the one that was repaired). Oh well, if it's just this one amp I'll get it fixed, if it's both it might be upgrade time and let someone else deal with it. Sell them and the 2 DATS for dirt cheap.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Posted

Moarrrrr powarrrrrrr

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

Moarrrrr powarrrrrrr

That's the urge I will be trying to resist... lol Have to wait and see what that other amp is like. :pardon:

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Posted

I just noticed something else... Today is the EXACT SAME DAY that my grounds were broke off on my way home from dinner last year... I posted about it on November 11th, but that was two days after I had run something over... Really?! WTF?

Mental note, do not leave the house November 9th 2012...

Flip is working again :P Too bad my video software isn't so no edits...

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 791 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...