Sonic Electronix

it all about the songs and the bass line 2 bro

if it something like money man then i will give it 1 1/2 songs but if it something that the bass hits and stops then hits again then MAYBE 2 songs

No it doesn't depend on the song. If the amp is seeing 10v then the amp is seeing 10v.

<u>99 Jimmy SLT 4WD</u>

Systemless.

<u>99 Grand Prix GTP</u>

DC XL 12 on 1.5k tuned lowwwwww.

i was just saying 10v of bass like money man then that amp will/might go poof

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

You're stereotyping all amps basically. I could play money man all day long at 10v if I wanted, and id never see smoke.

Edited by tristan560

<u>99 Jimmy SLT 4WD</u>

Systemless.

<u>99 Grand Prix GTP</u>

DC XL 12 on 1.5k tuned lowwwwww.

Voltage drops in my opinion are never a good thing. They can cause damage in the long run even if the amp is designed with voltage drop protection in mind. They will eventually fail at some point.

LOL whats the difference between a long bass note and a test tone LOL.

EDIT: Don't answer, just think about it.

Edited by ISO

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

If you do it too long, yes. If its in short bursts, not really.

What matters is heat build up in the mosfets mostly. If you let them heat up too much from a long period of low voltage or successive bursts with no rest period or not enough, then you will burn them up.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

I'm saying 10v of money man is the same as 10v of lady gaga. There is no difference if the amp can get the current it needs it will see 10v all the time.

signature worthy!

It shouldn't be toooo bad, depends, running 8v will kill something, 11v would probably not change much.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

didnt army guy do a burp at 6 volts in one of his vids? and he said he usually pounds on his stetsom at 8 or 9 volts

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc