Sonic Electronix

04 Silverado Extended Cab Box 4-10's

Ok, so i am looking for ideas on building a box from MDF and fiberglass to go under the seat of my extended cab 04 Silverado. I want to go with 4-10's. Not positive on what brand yet. I am thinking Powerbass because I get them wholesale. Anyways, I held one up to the rear seat between the carpet and the bottom of the seat, and the ring hits the bottom of the seat and the floor. Basically I can wedge the woofer between the seat and floor. So that obviously won't work as far as basic box design goes. The only way to get it to where it fires forward will be if I raise the seat up about an inch, or cut the carpet out. I am not doing that either. So I figure maybe I can put the woofer on a 45 degree down fire style setup to make clearance. I am thinking of taking a mold of the back of the under side of the seat and cab to get as much air space as possible and then attaching a flush plain of MDF to the front and top with the woofers on it. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, please throw them out. The goal is to get 4-10's under the seat. I haven't seen it done before, so I want to be different.

www.AlabamaDrift.com04 Silverado in the works

Ok, so i am looking for ideas on building a box from MDF and fiberglass to go under the seat of my extended cab 04 Silverado. I want to go with 4-10's. Not positive on what brand yet. I am thinking Powerbass because I get them wholesale. Anyways, I held one up to the rear seat between the carpet and the bottom of the seat, and the ring hits the bottom of the seat and the floor. Basically I can wedge the woofer between the seat and floor. So that obviously won't work as far as basic box design goes. The only way to get it to where it fires forward will be if I raise the seat up about an inch, or cut the carpet out. I am not doing that either. So I figure maybe I can put the woofer on a 45 degree down fire style setup to make clearance. I am thinking of taking a mold of the back of the under side of the seat and cab to get as much air space as possible and then attaching a flush plain of MDF to the front and top with the woofers on it. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, please throw them out. The goal is to get 4-10's under the seat. I haven't seen it done before, so I want to be different.

You can probably do it if you use a sealed enclosure. I did a ported box for a 10" Type R under my bench in a 2004 Silverado. My sub was firing up with the port firing forward. It was fiberglass, moulded to the floor with the sides and top MDF. It took up almost half the available area. Box went about 2" onto the hump.

I would go for fiberglassing/moulding the floor and do what your were saying. Angling the front baffle so you dont have to raise the seat. Should work unless the magnet is so wide it hits the top of the enclosure. Only problem I see is you will loose volume doing this. Your going to have to tuck the bottom in a few inches to get that angle.

I liked the way my box sounded firing up with the seat up or down. Used a double baffle on the top and recessed the sub to keep it off the seat bottom. People sat in the seat all the time with the sub playing no problem.

have you thought about slim woofers behind the seat?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

If I remember right I had about 11 inches in the front, no carpet. You ought to get the sub and set it in position and see if it will fit top to bottom. You dont really need a ring for the front. Just build the box and use a router to cut out the face leaving a thin 1/2 in lip on the top and bottom using the top and bottom as part of your baffle. Hope that makes sense.

Old friend, but my ex's dad had a 2001 Ext cab Silverado and he got 4 10" L5s under the seat firing down. Sealed of course but it did slam.

Edited by Robert8252

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

If I remember right I had about 11 inches in the front, no carpet. You ought to get the sub and set it in position and see if it will fit top to bottom. You dont really need a ring for the front. Just build the box and use a router to cut out the face leaving a thin 1/2 in lip on the top and bottom using the top and bottom as part of your baffle. Hope that makes sense.

I said in my first post that I wedged the woofer between the seat and carpet. It was tight. That was just a 10 also. I would like to see some pics of your setup you did with the Alpine 10. I was thinking of using those also.

I remember seeing this vid here a while back, this could prove to be relevant, I found the build log as well...(not my build)

My link

Edited by z71kris

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

I said in my first post that I wedged the woofer between the seat and carpet. It was tight. That was just a 10 also. I would like to see some pics of your setup you did with the Alpine 10. I was thinking of using those also.

The front is 2 layers of MDF. I used a belt sander to shape the curve then finished it up by hand with a sanding block.

img3629.jpg

img3083e.jpg

Edited by -Hobby-

I remember seeing this vid here a while back, this could prove to relevant, I found the build log as well...

My link

That is exactly what I was looking for. I just might steal your whole setup. What did it hit on the mic? On music?

You did raise the seat though. I was trying to do it without raising the seat. Any issues with people riding in the back and head clearance?

Edited by Dozier

not mine, somebody posted the vid, and I remember seeing it...I shoehorned 2 15s under the seat...

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill