Sonic Electronix

I am about to install :

2x DAT 1000.1's

1x DAT 4125...

The 1000.1's are 0awg -/+, the 4125 is 8awg -/+..

What distribution blocks can i use for both positive and negative...

My wiring diagram was going to basicall be this

+ Battery terminal--- Fuse---dist block--- 0awg to the 2x 1000.1's/8awg to the 4125

- Battery terminal--- Dist block--- 0awg to the 2x 1000.1's/8awg to the 4125

Also, what size fuse should i use? And will 1 fuse be enough?

I also have my big three done, what size fuse should that be?

Edited by JZeFF

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Knukonceptz 0awg all around

Do separate runs for each amp, and separate grounds. This will keep them efficient and won't choke em.

X2

You ask A LOT of questions in this forum, i like that about people. :good:

Edited by tercelchris

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

You honestly think its necessary that i run all 6 wires directly to my battery... idk if i have room for that many terminals, haha.

Not to mention wire is expensive... haha

Does that mean i will need a separate fuse for each amp?

What size fuses should i use?

And yeahhh... i do tend to ask allot of questions, but thats how you learn, right? haha

Edited by JZeFF

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

You honestly think its necessary that i run all 6 wires directly to my battery... idk if i have room for that many terminals, haha.

Not to mention wire is expensive... haha

Does that mean i will need a separate fuse for each amp?

What size fuses should i use?

And yeahhh... i do tend to ask allot of questions, but thats how you learn, right? haha

Run your 1/0g from your front battery to a back battery and then from that battery run your 1/0 and 8g wire to your amps

take baby steps, u cant do it all at once unless u have a roll of 100's big enough to choke a donkey

1998 Chevy Venture "Swagger Wagon"

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 Headunit

3 15" Alpine Type R's in seperate T-Lines

1 RF T1500-1bd for 2 of the 15s

1 RF P1000-1bd for the single 15

3 sets of Hifonics Zeus ZXi6.5C Components( 1 more set to come for Front stage)

1 Hifonics HFi100.4 4-channel amp

Stock alt for now (DC HO SPL 400A when funds come in,currently working on buying this)

Stock battery and one Optima Redtop for now (looking at XS batteries)

3 15" Alpine Type R's (aka Swagger Wagon Build 1.0)

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

Lets say those amps max out at 1500 watts apiece then you would be perfectly fine running your 1/0 from your battery to a 1/0 to 4 gauge distribution block. Then 4 gauge to your amps and 8 were 4 gauge won't work.

A foot or 2 from the distro block to the amps will not be long enough to cause any negative affects.

Just because I'm curious, what size fuse does the 1000 require?

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

The stock battery in my car is under the rear seat... the battery back there is soon to be an XS power D2700... so i will only have one battery for now.

I still need to know if i need to fuse every wire to each amp, and what size fuse for each one.

Also the inputs on the 1000.1's are 0awg, not 4awg

IDK what size the 1000.1 requires... i don't have any manuals or anything...

Edited by JZeFF

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

3x XS power D2700's

The stock battery in my car is under the rear seat... the battery back there is soon to be an XS power D2700... so i will only have one battery for now.

I still need to know if i need to fuse every wire to each amp, and what size fuse for each one.

So you don't know if the amps have built in fusing?

I'll jump over to the site.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

Holy hell... something MAY have just clicked in my head...

Amps have internal/replaceable fuses on the side so that you do not need to run another fuse in the positive line?

If i'm right, noob mind = blown

BTW, thanks ISO, i really appreciate your helping me.

Edited by JZeFF

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

3x XS power D2700's

I had to go get a shower and I need to eat soon but I'll help with what I can.

I still had trouble figuring out what size the on board fusing was but I have one more place to look.

When all amps have built in fusing it does simplify the install. As far as fusing at your batteries even I am a little sketchy on the proper way to do it as both ends of the wire will be energized. LOL if someone is real worried about it you would need to fuse right at each battery but on the other hand that is over kill too.

Pretty much I would fuse at the first battery that is inline with the alt. Then from that battery and fuse go to the next battery. Then the output wire from that battery I would fuse and go to my distro block.

At the distro block if you are really paranoid you could get a fused distro block but I don't feel a fused distro block is needed.

Then split off to your amps and I do believe all your amps have built in fusing.

So 2 1/0 fuse holders and 2 300 amp fuses should be fine. Those amps are highly under rated wattage wise so if someone that is useing them wants to jump in they should.

I'm going to go eat.

Terryswork001.png