Sonic Electronix

whats up.

Like said before. run from the back battery directly to the amps if possible, it shouldnt be that long.

the 1000.1 has 3 40 amp fuses and the 4125 has 2 40 amp fuses.

If you really want to use a d block then just get one for the positives and one for the negatives. Of course i dont know of any that accept...say...2/0 and then split into 2 1/0s and an 8.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

you need to fuse anywhere between a batt and anything else within 10 inches.

so if u run 3 positives from the batt to 3 different amps then u will need 3 fuses just for that.

You also should fuse for the wire, not what the amp is rated at.

for example, knu klmx has a 250 amp rating i believe.

Eclipse cd7000

So my best bet seems to be to run all three straight to the battery with a fuse on every single positive line, correct?

Also, the Knu Fleks that i have has an amp rating of 300amps... so i am assuming i want 300 amp fuses on it?

And the 8 gauge has an amp rating of 50... would it be okay to use a 60amp fuse? Cuz i already have one..

What i don't understand is why the 4125 has two internal 40amp fuses... but the input wire is only 8 gauge wire?

Edited by JZeFF

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Knukonceptz 0awg all around

So my best bet seems to be to run all three straight to the battery with a fuse on every single positive line, correct?

Also, the Knu Fleks that i have has an amp rating of 300amps... so i am assuming i want 300 amp fuses on it?

And the 8 gauge has an amp rating of 50... would it be okay to use a 60amp fuse? Cuz i already have one..

What i don't understand is why the 4125 has two internal 40amp fuses... but the input wire is only 8 gauge wire?

I ran that hellfire with a short run of 4 gauge to be honest. The amp never got warm, and 4 gauge can take 120 without a sweat.

The answer to your 8 gauge question is that most of the 8 gauge wire charts i have seen say that 8 gauge is capable of eighty amps. Again, if the batt is in the trunk and close I wouldn't worry about it.

If you choose to run 4 gauge then there are plenty of d blocks that will accept 1/0 in and 2 4 gauges out, and you could run a separate 8 gauge wire for the 4125.

It's fine to run a smaller size fuse but just know that it will blow before what the amp may pull safely ;)

Power ratings for that amp can get close to 200 watts x 4 at 2 ohms on all channels so close to eighty amps may be pulled in that situation.

Edited by finkster

Eclipse cd7000

I ran that hellfire with a short run of 4 gauge to be honest. The amp never got warm, and 4 gauge can take 120 without a sweat.

The answer to your 8 gauge question is that most of the 8 gauge wire charts i have seen say that 8 gauge is capable of eighty amps. Again, if the batt is in the trunk and close I wouldn't worry about it.

If you choose to run 4 gauge then there are plenty of d blocks that will accept 1/0 in and 2 4 gauges out, and you could run a separate 8 gauge wire for the 4125.

It's fine to run a smaller size fuse but just know that it will blow before what the amp may pull safely ;)

Power ratings for that amp can get close to 200 watts x 4 at 2 ohms on all channels so close to eighty amps may be pulled in that situation.

Thanks finks!

You know your shit, haha.

Gotta decide if i want to use 0 gauge or 4 gauge for the 1000,1

I have some extra 0awg Knu Fleks i planned on using...

And i will probably end up running the 4125 with 4 gauge

Edited by JZeFF

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Bigger wiring is always better, don't let me steer you away from it. If you have the extra wire then sure, use it.

Big wires look badass anyways. The money u spend on a fused d block will be more than just doing more runs.

i also ran 8 gauge on my 4125.

If you run 4 gauge on the 4125 then u will need a reducer. Here you go.

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/SFV/30046/vpid/1557389/vpcsid/0/rid/123284

Edited by finkster

Eclipse cd7000

Holy hell... something MAY have just clicked in my head...

Amps have internal/replaceable fuses on the side so that you do not need to run another fuse in the positive line?

If i'm right, noob mind = blown

BTW, thanks ISO, i really appreciate your helping me.

EVEN IF the amp has a fuse inside I always fuse it anyways, and no matter what EVERY Positive wire the comes off the POSITIVE battery post MUST be fused.

lower tuning is just hard. I was surprised how loud 145 sounds at 35hz, and how quiet 145 sounds at 50hz.

-= 2005 Tahoe LT =-Head unit: Pioneer AVH-X5500BHSSource: iPad Mini in dash

Subs: 2 T1 12's

Sub Amp: T1500-1bdCPWire: Rockford Fosgate 1/0 awgSignal Cable: MonsterFronts:Stock Bose for now:)Rears: Stock Bose for now:)MIds/High amp: Stock Bose for now:)

2005 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172529-2005-tahoe-my-17th-vehicle/

2001 Monte Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160030-2001-monte-carlo-my-16th-car-lol/page-2#entry25309381997 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemead...oe-6-15-rf-15s/2001 Impala Build Log: http://www.stevemead...katzkin-inside/SMDSig3-26-12.jpg

Alright my shopping list :

2x ANL fuse holders with 300amp fuses for the 1000.1's

1x Mini ANL Fuse holder with 100amp fuse for the 4125

1x 300 amp fuse for my pre-existing "big 3" upgrade

Everything look right?

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

3x XS power D2700's

Yea. Should work out fine. I didn't fuse my big 3 but i think about it all the time and I really might fuse it LOL.

lower tuning is just hard. I was surprised how loud 145 sounds at 35hz, and how quiet 145 sounds at 50hz.

-= 2005 Tahoe LT =-Head unit: Pioneer AVH-X5500BHSSource: iPad Mini in dash

Subs: 2 T1 12's

Sub Amp: T1500-1bdCPWire: Rockford Fosgate 1/0 awgSignal Cable: MonsterFronts:Stock Bose for now:)Rears: Stock Bose for now:)MIds/High amp: Stock Bose for now:)

2005 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172529-2005-tahoe-my-17th-vehicle/

2001 Monte Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160030-2001-monte-carlo-my-16th-car-lol/page-2#entry25309381997 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemead...oe-6-15-rf-15s/2001 Impala Build Log: http://www.stevemead...katzkin-inside/SMDSig3-26-12.jpg

Doing a single run from the front battery of a AWG standard 1/0 wire will be fine. You will most likely never pull the full 300 amps through the wire. For best results I like to do an equal run of negative wire. With the way cars are constructed you just never know how well the grounding is through the frame and or unibody.

Having 2 amps with 1/0 terminals can be difficult to find a 1/0 in and 2 1/0 out. They do exist so check around. You can also make your own with a little work. The 8g for the 4125 will be the least of your worries as it can tie in anywhere. All the amps are fused at the boards so this makes it easier to find distros that will work for you.

As far as running 4g to the 1/0 on the amps. We can't recommend it as it can cause a lose connection at the input. Does that mean you will have power flow issues to the amp in a short run? No, does it make it difficult to get a snug fit on a smaller wire? yes. we did the 1/0 inputs as an over kill on the amp. we feel that 1/0 wire should be the minimum anyone should run for power wire from the front to back of the car. Anything smaller is unacceptable these days with any amp.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)