Sonic Electronix

Sup, one of my buddies has a 18" SoloX with a Boss 5000w going to it. I got a little "demo" from him today and to be honest it doesn't sound very loud for an 18.. It's also in a tiny sealed box. The amp puts out 3500rms at 2ohms, so I don't understand why it's not that loud. Could it be the box, or maybe the settings on the amp arn't right? Somebody please help me out.

If anybody in the Sacramento area has a vehicle for sale for less than $1,500 get at me. I'm open to almost anything that runs.

The Solo-X is actually designed to be used with ported boxes even though it has specs for sealed applications.

Next is the amp, you have a horrible amp powering it. A good quality amp can make a world of difference.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Box is everything... no matter how beautiful the build is, a good woofer in a poorly designed box will not perform well...

and ROFLMAO at that amp... no matter if you max out the settings in that amp... your not going to see anything past 2000w RMS clean...

Good woofer + Bad box + Crap amp = FAIL

Okay woofer + Well designed box + okay amp that does rated RMS cleanly = Louder then his setup

My first truck... My first Real build...

*Update 8/9/10 DC Power 270xp Alt is In!!!*

1997 Toyota T-100 DC Level 5 18" in a T-line

Everybody wants their system to be....

1. Cheap

2. Reliable

3. Loud

...you can only pick two.

micahmye hertz pack

What amp under $400 would you guys recommend?

If anybody in the Sacramento area has a vehicle for sale for less than $1,500 get at me. I'm open to almost anything that runs.

Audioque 2200D $389 shipped:) 2200rms clean power good electrical= 2400-2500 rms easily

loganberry, on 17 October 2009 - 11:39 PM, said:

on the lows it sounds like a 90 year old vagina flapping in the wind

JayP, on 10 June 2010 - 4:53 AM, said:

Your truck looks like a prostitute gave the car a blow job with starburst in it's mouth.

Guest jbinn

for under $400 you wont be able to fully power that woofer... Is it dual 2 or dual 4? if it's dual 2 you need a 1OHM load amplifier so I suggest:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Soundstream-RUB1-2500D-Mono-2500-Watt-RMS-Amplifier-New-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2eacc6f00aQQitemZ200467214346QQptZCarQ5fAudioQ5fVideo

that amplifier will HALF power that subwoofer, but will be atleast twice as loud as that BOSS I gaurantee it... since BOSS is severely under-rated and crappy.

why would you run a sub thats that expensive... and not an expensive amp? i wouldn't recommend anything under 400 bucks for that sub. Idk if i can even think of an amp under a grand that i would run that off of... maybe an aq 3500

Kenwood DDX 514

DD M3a

DD 9512G

RF 600.4

RF power series 6x8s

lots of zero ga.

Whats coming: Kenwood Excelon screen, DD high end comps, DD 4ch, XS batteries

none really, save up and get a good amp. But you can use that money to get a damn nice ported box rockin. it will sound alot better. Then save up for a real amp. IMHO

so will the audioque...that and build a better box for him...

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.