DC Sound Lab

My name is Anthony, I am wanting to change my current sound system. I'm trying to go loud! I am thinking about getting 2 level 4 15's. The only problem is that I want to stay in my trunk. I have done some rough calculating, I can get 6 ft^3 after wood, port, subwoofer displacements. Would I be better off going to 2 level 4 12's? Because I've been told box is a big part of the system. I've been into car audio for awhile and I'm looking to go bigger without moving into the back seat. Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

My name is Anthony, I am wanting to change my current sound system. I'm trying to go loud! I am thinking about getting 2 level 4 15's. The only problem is that I want to stay in my trunk. I have done some rough calculating, I can get 6 ft^3 after wood, port, subwoofer displacements. Would I be better off going to 2 level 4 12's? Because I've been told box is a big part of the system. I've been into car audio for awhile and I'm looking to go bigger without moving into the back seat. Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

their recomended ported volume is 3 cu ft so 6 would be perfect for 2 15's

Edited by basshead4life

Team S.M.D.

Maritime Car Audio- (2) 18" SSA ZCON D1

- American Bass 500.1

- 60 ft of 3/0

-480 Ah of battery

- (2) stock alternators (70 +90)

- Kenwood Excelon x-794, 4v preouts

car audio is just a LOT more complicated than "this amp does this power" or "this sub will be this loud". its like 2 + 2 = banana. (if that confuses you then you get the point) lol

this

uuhm, NO not this.

They need atleast 3cu ft and that's NET, before sub and port and bracing displacement.

It would be louder with 2 12's unless you are going to put over 4k watts RMS to them.

EDIT:How much power are you going to push them with?

Don't forget the enclosure itself is going to take up some space, so 6cu ft would be 5.5 or less if you use a single layered box.

Edited by kirill007

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

What kind of car? Whatever you decide, remember it has to fit in the trunk/backseat opening. Or I guess you could build it in the trunk. Why not some level 5's or even XL's?

1994 Lincoln Town Car

Headunit: Pioneer Premier 510UB : 2 Powerbass AEQ-7X0 Eq's

Front Stage: 30 Mids/Highs off of a Kicker zx850.4 & Kicker kx600.4

Sub Stage: 4 18" DC Level 4s (w/ Level 5 coils) : 2 Mmats D3000.1s

Security: Autopage RS730

Electrical : 200 amp Powermaster Alt : MLA module : KnuKonceptz wiring : 6 Universal Battery UB12750's