Sonic Electronix

Anyone With A Fosgate Power Series Amp Here Please!

Guest dropthabeat.com

hey, that screen mesh in the middle of your amp, is the fan sucking or blowing out of there? i put tissue to mine and couldn't see it do anything. i wonder if they put just a chintzy little fan in there. :angry:

depends on the amp... the T20001bd has the fan right under that grill, the T3k and T4k have 2 fans one on the left and one on the right no where near the grill (not sure on the T1k but i think its like the 2k)

also the fan(s) arent always on or always on full speed... theres 3 or 4 speeds depending on the amp temp

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

its pulling the air in and the heat sink is pulling the hot air out...it works as a cycle. generally the fan is NOT turned on unless temps start to raise.

i have heard there are ways to have it constantly tuend on but you gotta send it to the factory

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

Guest dropthabeat.com

thanks for all the replies guys, i've had my amp trip a few times on thermal so i was wondering. then again it's constantly over 110 degrees out here now so my trunk has to be hotter. i recently welded a frame for my amps to sit about 4 inches off the ground with an open bottom for more circulation. also have a 5" ball bearing fan blowing in cooler air from the cab into the trunk now so lets see how that works. with the size of the box, doesn't leave much air space in there.

Archived