Second Skin Audio

doing up a little system input please

wanting to get these and throw them into a prefab box

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-RE-AUDIO-REX12D4-REX-12-D4-DVC-CAR-SUBWOOFERS-REX12-/390178056351?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Car_Subwoofers_Enclosures&hash=item5ad86ca89f#ht_4844wt_1086

the box has a slot port in the middle but im unsure how to find out what its tuned to if anything.

each compartment is well within the recomended cf i think.

this is the box

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DUAL-12-PORTED-3-4MDF-SUBWOOFER-SPEAKER-ENCLOSURE-BOX-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem414f5d0d02QQitemZ280504372482QQptZCarQ5fAudioQ5fVideo#ht_2098wt_765

didnt see the cubic feet listen when i originally bought it but here is one identical

now how would i find out what the port is tuned to

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

yup in the trunk of a 1st gen neon but i wana try to get the best i can out of them this will be my first buy or any re products im expecting to be blown away but idk

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

spend the tym and make a box

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

spend the tym and make a box

^ He said it, prefab is horrible!

1989 E30 325i BMW (New Car)

iPad 64GB 3G (COMING SOON!)

1 12" DC LEVEL 4 w/LEVEL 5 Soft Parts

Ported box - 1.5 Cubes tuned to 33hz

Sound Stream STL1.1200D

4 Gauge Stinger Wire (+ & -)

8 Gauge Amp to Sub Stinger Wire

Tsunami Mini ANL 130 Amp Fuse

AUDIO WRAP SUPPORTER!

gbsxnesig.png

id think throwing the woofers at a box would damage them :ehh:

if you want to get the best out of them build a box

if you dont care then keep on tossing them woofers

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Yea prefab is sloppy shit. Spend one day and makesomething nice that your going to like.... it only cost like 30 for mdf glue and some screws :)

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

prefab boxes are usually tuned way too high, and if you try to play a note lower than what the box is tuned too, say goodbye woofers. Spend the time, make a box.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

id like to make my own but idk how to calculate a port or how to figure out internal cubes and those little things on here where u put in numbers i dont understand how to use it also if i made one id want it to be the same size and everything becouse that box fits in my car perfect and does not move no matter how crazy i drive only thing id wana do is maybe port on the side but again idk how to calculate it and idk if that would be to much cubes per sub

Prefabs are tuned to 45hZ usually. There's nothing wrong with running one in a trunk since the minimal air space will help with cone control, but not enough to stop them from blowing from abuse.

Honestly, if you want to save money, people will help you design it and it's much cheaper for one sheet of wood than a prefab box. But if you really don't want to venture there, then do it. There's nothing wrong with it.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/