Sundown Audio

Clamped my amps*updated 8/21/2010*

PUNKYOU007

ummm it should be way more. I have two Cadence C5 amps. I was under the impression that they were rated at 14.4v but come to find out these amps are rated at 18v. So its 5100 @ 18v @ 1ohm. Kinda bummed me out. Also the firt time I took all the measurments, I had the damn dash knob turned all the way down so all my voltages were like 50 v @ 8 amps lol

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Cadence is where its at. :clapping:

Im not giving up on them yet! I just got back home, went out to a local park and gave some demos. Got a whole lot of WTF's, God damns and a couple people just straight got out of the truck. :) So i'm happy....but I will make more power with this setup

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Cadence is where its at. :clapping:

Shit cadence subs were real promising product back in 2000 exspecially when we were putting them up agains RF HX2's.

They are a budget friendly company that puts out pretty decent stuff just like Power Bass.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Im not giving up on them yet! I just got back home, went out to a local park and gave some demos. Got a whole lot of WTF's, God damns and a couple people just straight got out of the truck. :) So i'm happy....but I will make more power with this setup

Ya man I'm the wattage I showed you was at 6.3 ohms man so there is more power there.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Ya man I'm the wattage I showed you was at 6.3 ohms man so there is more power there.

Yeah I think so :D

My first post was probably confusing because at first the table that I made had all the measurements that I had taken the first time with the knob all the way down, but I fixed the first post so now it should make sense. The only problem was the fact that my simple ass didn't turn it up before testing...that and this damn box rise.

d(-__-)b

Make sure to put the clamp on BOTH positive leads (once you do both leads youll see a lil bit lower of impedance). And you can use peak hold but just roll up the volume so you dont spike it.

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

promise if you get the power that we talked about then your box will be perfectly fine.

I designed the box...im not perfect but i know his box will work for what he asked me to make it for given that what i asked him for questions is correct.

• 3 months later...

Ill just put it here

Updated reading.

Freq---VAC---AMPS---RISE---POWER

-30----70.8----22.0-----3.20---1566.4

-35----70.7----24.6-----2.87---1741.63

-40----70.6----30.1-----2.34---2130.06

-45----72.4----27.8-----2.60---2016.06

-50----73.6----26.1-----2.81---1927.74

-55----74.1----27.0-----2.74---2003.95

-60----73.7----26.9-----2.73---1989.63

-65----72.0----26.7-----2.69---1927.13

-70----72.3----26.7-----2.70---1936.03

-75----72.1----26.2-----2.75---1890.33

-80----73.3----24.6-----2.97---1809.05

So what we have here is the clamped power from one of my Cadence ZRS C5's. I am seeing about half of what I would like to see outta these things. My idle voltage is 15.1-15.4 and when playing at idle i never see lower than 13.3, so I would like to think I have plenty of electrical. I don't know what I can do to get rid of this box rise, only thing that changed from the first time I did this is now the subs are not inverted and the amps are no longer strapped. I could re-cone to D2's this way I can wire them down to .5 ohms but does anyone have any suggestions for me.

d(-__-)b

Archived